Chapter 38 - Getting to know him (unedited)

Song: Good things Fall Apart - Illenium & Jon Bellion

Jane's P.O.V
I'm not sure where anything is located yet. I tried looking around. When I realize I'm almost lost in this huge house I retract my steps and found my way back to the first floor. As soon as I got off the stairs the front door opens and he walked in. Our eyes met and there's a big smile on his face. He walked towards me immediately and came in for a kiss. I moved my head back and he also caught himself.

"I'm so sorry that was out of habit, I came in and I saw you it felt like you were waiting for me and for a sec I forgot and_ and_ I'm sorry" he said painful and scratch the back of his neck.

I relax visibly, and I could see how my reaction made him feel. But I cannot help it.

This is so awkward.

"It's okay, but I'm just going to be here for few days. I promise Arie that I will try because I will hate to be a burden to her or anyone. But I'm not promising anything, I still don't remember you or anyone else here, don't expect me to be her, your Jane, because I'm not. I just want to see if I can cope or not. So don't expect any wifely duties or things like that. It getting late I need some rest, can you show me to a room I can use?" I asked and the whole time his eyes never left me.

"Ah, yeah this way" He said walking up the stairs and I followed him. We walked in a huge room that seem like the master bedroom. I could see his and her side.

"Sorry is this your room?" I asked. "Our room, yes" He replied. "I just told you I'm not here to act like your wife. I cannot share a room with you because I don't know you. And this seems like a very private and shared space between you two. I can't stay in this room it's too much for me to deal with. I would like to use the guest room if that's okay" I explained myself again trying not to get mad at him.

I can still see the pain in his eye as I talk and I could feel my heart hurting. I don't like this. I don't remember him. I have no feelings for him.

He chuckled sadly. "The way you said it seems like you are not Jane, like you were talking about someone else. I'm sorry it's just so weird. I'm not sure what to do or say. And I'm not trying to force anything on you. I just thought it would be nice for you to be back in the home you love. I'm gonna go use one of the other bedrooms. Please make yourself comfortable. I'll go see the kids before going to bed" He said and walked out.

Weirdly, I feel so hurt. I swallowed my tears. I hate this, I hate this. I'm not her. She's just so different from me. I can't remember any of this. I want to call my mom so bad but what will I say. I can't even call my sister because I'm not sure how our relationship is. And I haven't seen my dad since I ran away, well Arie said we have a better relationship but I still don't remember all of that.

I turn around to face the bedroom. I see pictures and everything smells so nice. I walked into the closets and it is fucking huge. This is by far the biggest closet I've ever seen. The closets combine is bigger than our apartment on campus. I walked away from the closets to check out the bathroom. It feels like I'm in a 5 star, VVIP hotel room. I remember living in a small apartment with Arie like last week.

Who are they? How rich are they? Come to think of it why was my accident in the news like a celebrity? Who did I become?

Feeling my head spin I decided to just get some rest. I lay on the side that indicates it was hers even though the bed is so big, I slept on the edge that I can feel myself fall if I don't hold tight.

I feel like I don't belong. The bed is so warm. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep but I'm already dozing off.

I woke up and found myself in the middle of the bed hugging a pillow on his side. As soon as I realize I snapped out of it and sat up to see Liam walking out of his closet.