Chapter 15-- Guilt

Jane's P.O.V

We received a bad news from the facility Harrison was kept. We were told he died by taking his own life. Harrison might be evil, but I still believe he deserved better. He just had serious mental issues. We held a quiet burial away from the public, but Liam wasn't present. He hasn't been talking to anyone since he heard about his brother's death. He wouldn't shed a tear and that bothers me a lot. I understand that none of them had a good relationship with him, but I'm still really concerned.

I get their dad trying to be strong. Their mother was the only one that cried. I could see the sadness in the eyes of the twins, even though they didn't want to seem affected by it. I'm more concerned about Liam, because I know he's taking it really hard but won't show it.

Ian isn't with us, because we didn't want him to experience that sad situation. He stayed at home with his nanny and the butler. 

We all head back to Liam's parents' house where Liam stayed while we attended the burial.

I searched for Liam everywhere, but I couldn't find him. I called his phone, he wasn't picking up.

We all suddenly heard the sound of things falling and breaking. We all rushed upstairs at the same time. We followed the sound to Liam's old room. 

He was yelling and breaking things. I had a feeling this was gonna happen. His dad tried to open the door telling us to stand back, but the door was locked.

I placed my hand on my chest getting scared, while his mom was trying not to pass out.

"Liam open this door now!" His dad yelled banging the door. I saw how frightened Daisy was, so I Liana tapped on the shoulder to help me take her to her room.

We could hear Logan and his dad yelling for Liam to stop and open the door.

"I failed" Daisy said out of nowhere. "What?" Liana asked and Daisy started crying again. "I failed as a mother, as a parent. I was so focused on work that I didn't have much time to see what was going on in my home or between siblings. I just wanted to keep up with our social status, our image that I lost track of what was actually important. My home, my family, my children." She cried making Liana cry. 

"No, I'm sure you did what was best to secure their future. Look at Logan, Liana, and Liam. They have you and their dad to thank." I said trying to console her. "Yeah, mom. You are the best mother anyone could ask for. It's okay mom, you did your best for him." Liana said holding her mom. 

"Liam! I said open this damn door!" We could hear Liam's dad being aggressive, because he was angry.

"Daisy please excuse me for a second." I said and walked towards them. "Please let me handle this." I said to Logan and his dad. They stepped aside.

"Liam... it's me. Baby can you please open the door?" I asked softly and waited. He didn't open the door, but he stopped breaking things.

"Liam please... I know how you feel, trust me I do. Just let me in, just me. Please, I'm scared." I said calmly with my left ear on the door hoping to hear something. 

We heard the door click, but he didn't open it. I let out a deep breath.

"You guys can check on Daisy. Don't worry, I'll stay with him." I said to Logan and his dad.

I opened the door to see Liam breathing heavily. He looked so angry. didn't see any single tear on his face.

I walked in making sure I don't step on anything. I sat beside him on the floor, and fold my legs like he did. I didn't say anything for a while. I just stared at the same thing he was staring at, the picture of him and his brother when they were really young.