Chapter 36 - Memories (Unedited)

"Memory is a way of holding onto things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose" - Kelvin Arnold

Liam's P.O.V
I walked into her hospital room and she is searching for something. I just stood there watching her. I can't believe this. She looks as strong as ever like she wasn't just in an accident. She has so much energy.

I heard someone tapping their fingers. And I came back to my senses. It's Jane tapping her fingers in my face.

"Hey hey hey, weirdo have you seen my phone? Are you a doctor or something? Anyways, have you seen my phone. Can you stop being a creep staring at me and start checking for my phone. I need that phone" She said sounding so different.

I still stood in the same spot confused and not sure what to do or say.

"Luke and Arie are probably crazy worried about me right now. Why do I feel like I was supposed to meet someone. Wait was I supposed to meet up with Luke?" She said deep in thoughts. She shook her head to ignore the feeling.

"I need my fucking phone. How did I get here? Who brought me here because I think someone stole my phone" She said still talking to herself.

She finally stood still, facing me.

"You! Creep, did you bring me here? What happened to me? Wait a minute did you hit me with your car or something? You seem like the type. Give me my phone I need to call my best friend! You—" she was about to grab me when I heard Arie.

"Jane! What are you doing?" She said walking in and she gave me a look that says she knows. I guess my mom told her.

Jane let out a deep breathe. "Finally a face I know." She said hugging Arie.

"Are you okay?" Arie asked. Jane checked the wall clock.

"Yes, but I need to get out of here. My shift starts in two hours and you know it's overnight I need to make some snacks. And I think this creepy guy won't let the doctor let me go. I think he hit me with his car. I can't remember. The last thing I remember was leaving our apartment to go meet up with Luke I think. Also did you get your hair done while I was in the hospital? You look different." She said.

"Okay just slow down, sit down" Arie said she sat. "Liam can I talk to you outside?" Arie asked. "Wait you know him?" Jane asked but Arie didn't answer her she just pulled me out of the room.

"Okay so your mom told me what happened when I got here. How are you feeling?" Arie asked.

"To be honest, I don't know. I just found out my wife lost her memory and only remembers being in college which is way way back. She doesn't recognize me so I bet she doesn't remember her kids. I heard she was up and I rushed down here happy I got my wife back. I got here just to hear my wife mention her ex-boyfriend countless times. So yeah I don't know" I explained.

I still can't believe it. I know people lose their memories but it's crazy when it actually happen to someone close to you.

"I'm gonna try my best, she's gonna remember you Liam, she's gonna remember you as are husband and she will come back to you-"Arie was saying and Jane jumped in.

"Wait what? I'm married to him? And I have kids with him? What the hell are you talking about?" Jane asked standing in front of us.

I guess she heard our conversation.

Arie dragged her back to the room and I followed them.

"Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on!" Jane yelled. "Keep your voice down this is an hospital" Arie said and Jane folded her arms.

"Where is Luke because I don't get this. Is Kelvin pulling another prank?" Jane asked. "Jane. Listen carefully. You and Luke broke up over 15 years ago when you found him cheating the second time. And no Kelvin isn't pulling a prank on you because Kelvin dropped out of college and we haven't heard about him since then. This is Liam your loving husband and the father of your two beautiful kids" Arie explained to Jane

"You're joking right? Please stop if this is a joke Arie, it is not funny at all" Jane said getting mad. "No, listen it's not a joke and you need to get back to yourself your kids are waiting for you at home" Arie continued.

"No, stop! I don't have kids and I'm not married. Luke is the love of my life and you need to stop whatever it is you are doing like I said it is not fucking funny!" She yelled.

The doctors came in.

"Can you two please step out, the patient is in no condition to be yelling. Jane calm down and sit I'll ask them to leave." He said and Jane didn't protest.

Arie and walked out. I couldn't help it, I started laughing.

Arie and the doctors watch me laugh for about 30 seconds.

"Whoa!!!" I said after laughing.

What's funny you ask? My life right now. I feel like someone is pulling a prank on me. I just have to locate the camera.

"You two in my office now" Doctor said and we followed him.

"Jane shouldn't be forced to remember her memories. It is temporary memory loss but if forced like you just did there is a chance you might lose her longer than what it is meant to be. There is nothing wrong in letting her know about her current life but not in the way you just did. Because now she's is also as confused as you are. And the last thing we need is getting her angry it won't make her remember. We will take it slow and ease her into it." He said and stare at us.

"Now I get it, you want your wife back and your kids need their mother. But if you really want her back you have to be patient with her. Let's focus on her as an individual. Temporary memory loss shouldn't take more than few weeks in some cases." He explained.

"I'll advice you yield to her for now and make sure she is comfortable too. It's easier for her to accept things and try to get her memory back." He added and we nodded in understanding.

"Thank you doctor" I said and we went back to the room with the doctors.

The other doctor that was recommended decided to speak with Jane.

"Hey Jane, I'm doctor Lee. And I understand you are mad at the situation but we are here to help you. It's up to you if you want to be discharged and go home with who you're comfortable with or stay at the hospital for as long as you like" The doctor said.

"Right now I'm mad at her and confused so I'll be here at least for now until I decide to go home with her. But it is okay to ask him, the weird guy, to leave. I don't want to see him because I don't know him." She asked breaking my heart.

This is becoming too real. How come we go from crazy to crazy.

The doctors look up and gave me a comforting smile. Arie gave me the same look. I nodded and walked out.

I'm not sure what to tell my kids.