Chapter 35- Findings (unedited)

Liam's P.O.V
It's been two days and Jane is still in the hospital, but we transferred her to our hospital because it's more better with doctors that already know her. She's not up yet but the doctors kept assuring us she will be fine.

My meeting with the board members was postponed and I was asked to resume work immediately.

John told me he got something and I told him to come to my office.

"So check it, nothing was wrong with the car. Absolutely nothing. I check and also worked with the detective. The car was checked again and nothing was wrong. So we check the camera and it appeared that the driver went rogue and crashed the car" John said and I only stare at him.

"That doesn't make any sense why would the driver crash the car killing himself?" I asked confused.

"Good question. We also checked his stuff in the locker he was given and their is a suicide note of him apologizing and saying he was fed up." John explained.

"Okay that makes it more confusing because it was not out of the moment, him leaving a note means he has been planning it why choose to kill himself with Jane in the car if his intention wasn't killing Jane with him?" I asked and John agreed.

"I thought the same thing and something just doesn't feel right. I've worked many cases back when I used to work as a feds. His suicide note didn't sound like someone who just wanted to kill himself and not kill Jane. Also the way he maneuvered the car it seems like he was trying to protect Jane in a way. For someone who wanted to kill himself and not hurt anyone he won't have Jane in the car. And for someone who wanted to kill himself and kill Jane he could have picked a different location to crash the car that will kill them both almost immediately." John said and I tried following what he was saying.

"So basically you're saying, it seemed like he didn't wanted to hurt Jane but he still had to have Jane in the car with him?" I asked confused.

"Exactly what I'm saying. My point is it's not just suicide. I think he attempted to murder, but was supposed to be cover up as a suicidal driver that took his boss along with him. To break it down I believe he was told to do it, but he didn't complete his job" John said and for a strange reason it made more sense.

"But who on earth would want my wife dead? She's the most humble and loving person I know" I asked John.

"I agree with you and that's exactly what I told the detective. Because I did my research well when I hired the driver and he didn't seem like the type that would do that without a reason. He has a family took look after. We do mental check ups and nothing came up. Even if someone like him wants to take someone along with him for real he would have.  But the more puzzling part for me is why didn't he finish his job? And why did he wait to get to the restaurant before crashing?" John said leaving me curious.

"Is that detective someone you can trust?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I've worked with him before. Why?" He answered. "Because we need someone who can't be bought to help us investigate. If someone is truly after Jane they must have some power and money to buy people" I explained.

"True. He even suggested Jane might not have been the target, the target might have been you and that's why he chose to get near the restaurant before crashing where you could have possibly seen it" He said.

"That makes more sense because the only enemy I believe Jane has or had was her stepmom. And she can't pull that stunt when she's been monitored. What if crashing the car close to the restaurant was a message for me like the detective said. But we are still not sure if the intention was to kill Jane or if it was the driver that decided otherwise" I voice out what came to mind.

"We have to find that out, but since we are not sure yet. I'm going to keep the investigation on the low until all our questions are answered" John said.

He left and I can't stop thinking about our conversation.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up. "She's up" My mom said on the phone. I rushed out of the office knowing what she meant.

I got out of my car and rushed inside the hospital. I ran into her room and saw the doctor checking on her.

"Why am I in a hospital? And why does my head hurt like crazy? Did Kelvin pull another prank on me? If it was him I'm gonna kill him. I probably missed my AP class. I'm so gonna kill him. Doctor I'm fine can I please leave. I have an assignment due and if I want to graduate on time I need to be on my shit" I heard Jane rambling nonsense.

"Jane we cannot let you go yet because you hit your head pretty hard and you just need to be patient. I'm sure if you show your professors your doctor's note, which I'm gonna give you, you will be fine" Her Doctor said leaving me confuse.

She sat back after he said that and she look relieved.

It's either she didn't see me or she's ignoring me. I faced the doctor and he pulled me out of the room.

"What's going on? What is she talking about?" I asked. "It appears that Jane has a Amnesia. Don't freak out just yet. I'll look more into the result but I believe it's a temporary memory loss due to the head injury." He explained.

You've got to be kidding me.

"The crazy part is that she only remembers being a college kid. She believes she is still in college. Why it went back that many years I'm not sure I have to consult other doctors that I'm going to end up referring you to, because it's their specialty. But in some cases it's they end up remembering from the time they had to deal with something shocking." He explained and I still can't believe all he is saying.

My mom walked out. "She won't stop asking me who I am and why I'm staying with her. She can't even remember her kids. What am I saying she thinks she still in college. She's asking for Arie and also a guy named Luke. Arie is on her way" My mom shook her head and walked away.

You've got to be kidding me.