Chapter 33 - Understanding Enemies (uneited)

Jane's P.O.V
"Why did you buy it?" I asked out of frustration and all he did was shrug. I gave him a stare and he answered. "I just thought it will be another good building to invest in" he said nonchalantly.

"But I thought we agreed on not buying it. You bought a whole new big yacht merely a week ago without discussing it with me, then you went on and told me you are signing a contract for the building you're buying, wait no, already bought! You didn't even let me know about the yacht until I found the paperwork." I let out my feelings. He tried to interrupt me but I put my finger up stopping him.

"I'm not done talking. You only told me about the building because of how I reacted about the yacht. Even when you claimed you told me about the building it was more of a notification not a discussion! You have been doing this since you've been suspended. Spending money on useless stuff just to feel better. It is not the time to act like a man with no responsibilities. You were supposed to be finding a way back to your position. You are too comfortable!" I said getting so mad.

"Look babe, it's just few million dollars that's all. And they are both investments it's not like I'm partying with it. There's nothing bad in owning more buildings and other stuffs" He said still not getting my point.

"So you're trying to buy the whole New York because you can't handle been jobless for some weeks? Tell me how many yachts do we own now? How many buildings?" I asked frustrated.

"Like you said 'we' not me so it's a good business idea putting money in things like that. I really don't get why you're so mad at me right now. It's not like i'm being selfish" He said not feeling sorry.

I let out a sigh.

"I'm really tired. For almost two weeks have been doing your job and mine together making sure your family's legacy and reputation doesn't go down the drain. I've been working so hard to clean up your mess, and make sure all those videos are erased forever. I wasn't home for three nights because I couldn't leave the city because I had meetings back to back I had investors and business partners' ass to kiss just so they can forget what happened. I couldn't see my kids or you for those three days and nights and I got back home just to see you relaxed and buying things that are absolutely not necessary to make you feel better. And this whole time I was working my ass off to get you back to your position and it seems to me you do not care!" I said totally disappointed it almost brought me to tears.

He moved close to me immediately and held me.

"No no no I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just felt like I've caused so much trouble for you I need to let you do your thing and the building I bought was for you and the yacht was made for you I was just having them redesign it and have your name on it. I thought I could at least do that for you and surprise you." He said holding me and I just couldn't bring myself to feel good about what he said.

I gently moved away from his embrace.

"I thought you knew better than that. What I wanted wasn't the Liam that showers me with gifts like that. What I wanted was my husband to support me in this very hectic moment, cheering me on and helping behind the scene in every way he can so I don't feel like I'm alone. What I wanted was Liam Greenwood who loved his job and work so hard to be where he is even when many put him down. Not the Liam that gave up just because he got a minor set back" I said and walk upstairs to our room closing the door behind me.

I let out a deep breathe and search for the comfort of our bed. Its been a while we had an argument like this but I'm just so disappointed and so tired of fighting our enemies alone while he thinks it's okay shop around.

I heard the door open and close. I felt him sit down on the bed and I pretended to be asleep.

He let out a sigh.