It's over

Theodore's POV:

The moment we arrived at our destination I looked towards Aunt Kate and found her looking at me confused. "Theodore, why are we at a hospital? Are you hurting? Is something wrong?" She asked panicking. I shook my head as I replied "No don't worry I am fine. There is nothing wrong with me. I just have an appointment with a doctor. He has seen a case like mine so I want to ask him a couple of questions."

I unbuckled my seat belt and went out as she followed me. "Is that why you came here in the first place? It was never about WSU right?" I walked inside as I said "yeah kind of, I was some how interested in WSU. But I needed a reason to come here without worrying mom. You know. She tends to get antsy every time I mention a doctor. So I kind of had to do that. Sorry for dragging you here with me." She just hugged me "Don't you dare. You know your mom is just worried about you. She almost lost you, I can't imagine the pain she felt that dreadful night. But you know I am always here for you, whenever you need me. I am here. I am glad I came with you today."

The moment we walked into the doctor's office I started panicking. What if he says no, what if this is the end. A thousand what if's were running through my mind. If you haven't understood yet, the doctor is the only one to see a case like mine. An athlete with a heart transplant so my doctor back home recommended him to me. He is the one that would decide Whether I would ever be able to go back to the game or not. My fate lies in his hands.

The doctor started with the usual check up. Then with a stress test to evaluate my progress. By the end of the tests he was smiling which gave me the courage to ask my question. "Can I play again?" The moment the words left my mouth his smile slipped. "I'm sorry but I don't believe that's an option. In the far away future maybe but not any time in the coming 6-7 years."

This shattered me "It would be too late.." He just shook his head "yeah, but your condition is progressing greatly. Everything is going perfect your body is adapting greatly. But  don't strain your body or over stress, cause excessive stressing could ruin everything...."

He kept going on and on but I wasn't listening. His former words were echoing through my mind "I'm sorry but no.." It's over. Everything is over. I could feel my heart twist from all the pain I was feeling as darkness enveloped it. It's over. I lost the one thing I loved the most. It's all over. I don't know what happened because the next thing I remember was me sitting in the car with aunt Kate driving us back.

I could feel the light flowing out of my body to be replaced with darkness. The magnitude of what happened hit me with full force. Sure the last couple of months were hard but I still had my hope. But now I feel numb, empty, hollow. I feel betrayed by life, God, everything and everyone.

The entire drive I could see Aunt Kate glancing at me with worried eyes. I didn't have it in me to assure her that I was fine. Cause I sure as hell wasn't. I couldn't even look at her as I was drowning in despair. So I just turned my head and stared at the window watching slowly as building flew past us.

We arrived back home and I stepped out of the car heading towards the house. As I entered I saw all of them look at me. I heard voices and sounds but not words. I couldn't think, I couldn't focus. I just wanted to scream, shout, do anything but I couldn't even make a sound. As the doctor's words kept playing in my head. It's all over...

A.N:
Sorry for the short chapter but I had a long day today. I odidn't want to postpone updating till tomorrow so here you go. Hope you like it