It's unfair

Christian's POV:

I decided to wait for Theodore to come back before I panic. I wanted to make sure that I was right, sure it all made sense but I needed the truth to come from one of them.

So there I sat waiting for him while mom, dad, Mia, Ethan and Elliot were immersed in a conversation. They were planning the evening for they wanted to take Theodore out before he left, they were even thinking of ways to convince him to stay for a couple more days.

I don't know how much time passed until I heard the car park outside the house. Seconds later in came a pale looking Teddy. He looked lost and confused, a person on the verge of falling apart. The moment he saw us all looking at him he froze in his spot, his feet in place but his eyes were hazy and unfocused. Just the look on his face scared me, I called for him trying to get his attention but it looked like he was in a different world. We were all trying to pull him out of his state but he wasn't having any of it.

Kate later walked in the room looking devastated. Seeing both of them in such states made me nervous. What happened? Did anything happen to Ana? Are they fine? Where were they? But before I had the chance to ask her she headed straight towards Theodore and grabbed his arm as she pulled him into a hug.

We were all surprised when he didn't even flinch. He stood like a statue as she hugged him. She pulled away seconds later when she found that he wasn't responding or planning to "Theodore please just say something, cry, scream, shout anything. Just please don't shut down. Don't bottle it all up." He simply averted his eyes away from the ceiling" and stared at her. "what's the point." He croacked out. The point of what. What the hell are they talking about.

Tears started spilling down her cheeks as she replied. "No, no don't you dare say that. There is always a solution. There must be something we can do. Don't give up just yet. You are a fighter so don't dare let it all go. The important thing is you are here, you're alive." He turned his back to her as he headed towards the stairs after whispering out a "barely".

I couldn't control myself. I needed to know what the hell is happening to my son. What broke him like that. He looks dead, as if some one ripped his soul out of his body. The moment he was out of sight we all turned towards Kate in anticipation but she just stood there weeping. What the fucking hell is happening. "Katherine what the hell happened?" I growled out. I needed answers and I needed them now. Her head snapped up and she looked at me as she continued to weep.

She didn't talk or answer but she kept mumbling the same words "this is not fair, it's not fair." I jumped up and took her arm as I screamed "what isn't fair. Tell me what happened. Now" she looked at me her eyes red and swollen. "He was a good boy you know. Why him? Why should he suffer like that. Why should he be the one to loose it all."