c h a p t e r ☆ 22

Jessica's POV

Ugh, my head is pounding. Why is it so hot? I open my eyes.

"You're awake," A voice says. I turn my head to the voice.

"Uhm, yeah," I squeak out. Nice going, Jessica.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks.

"Not really," I reply.

"Here," He says, handing me two pills. I give him a questioning look.

"The nurse said to give these to you when you woke up," He explains. I raise an eyebrow.

"Like I would drug you, Sica," He rolls his eyes. I hesistantly take the pills. He hands me a cup of water and I take the pills.

"How did I get here?" I ask.

"I carried you," He says.

"What?" I exclaim.

"Well, what did you want me to do? I mean, you practically fainted and you were sick, so how else was I supposed to get you here?" He replies, annoyed.

"Well, I mean- I don't know!" I fumble. He just shakes his head, smiling.

"Do you remember anything?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"You were like half-awake for a little bit. Just wondering if you remembered," He explains.

"Not that I recall. I didn't say anything embarassing, did I?" I reply.

"Not that I remember," He assures me.

"Good," I sigh.

"Do you wanna stay here or go back to class?" He asks after an awkaward silence.

"What do you think?" I reply emotionless.

"Staying here it is then," He says quickly. I giggle just a little.

"What's so funny?" He asks, confused.

"Nothing," I laugh, shaking my head.

"Kris," I call.

"What?"

"You don't have to stay with me, you know," I say.

"I know, but I want to," He insists.

"Why?" I ask, tilting my head a bit.

"I guess, I like being around you?" He replies unsurely.

"Of course, everyone loves to me around me," I reply sarcastically.

"Sure, Ice Princess," He laughs.

"Well, you're an Ice Prince," I retort.

"You're more of an Ice Princess than I am an Ice Prince," He retaliates.

"Well-well-" I say, trying to think of a comeback.

"Out of comebacks?" He smirks. I stick out my tongue.

"Very mature, Jessica," He laughs again.

"Oh, shut up, Kris," I cross my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun's POV

"Taeyeon!" I call out.

"Hm?" She turns towards to me.

"I was wondering..." I trail off.

"What is it, Baek?" She asks.

"Uhm," I bite my lip.

"Let me guess, you wanna hang out?" She guesses.

"How did you-"

"I'm sorry, Baek. I like you and everything, but I'm not really up for a relationship with you," She says bluntly.

"Oh, I see," I say disappointed.

"I'm really sor-"

"Save it, Taeyeon. I don't want to hear it. It was stupid of me to ask and get my stupid feelings in the way," I rush out angrily.

"Baek, I-"

"Just call me Baekhyun. And let's pretend none of this happened," I say coldly, walking away.

_________________

I rush out the school as fast as I can. I speed walk away and go to our dorm. I change into a tank top and sweatpants and leave the dorm again. I head to a nearby park and sit down on one of the nearby benches. I take out my iPod and beginning blasting music into my headphones. I close my eyes.

You stupid idiot! Did you really expect Taeyeon to like you? Why would you try in the first place? Why are you even mad at her? This is all your fault, you stupid idiot!

I place my head in my hands and shake my head, but those voices in my head won't go away. I groan.

"Yah! Byun Baekhyun!" I look up to see a mad Tiffany. Like 'about to explode of anger' mad.

"What did you do to my Taengoo?" She demands.

"Nothing," I reply bluntly.

"Yeah, right." She rolls her eyes.

"It's what she did to me!" I exclaim, causing Tiffany to jump back.

"I was gonna ask her out, but she rejected me, happy?" I say, annoyed.

"Baekhyun, I had no-"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Try listening to the other person's story before you lash out on them," I glare before walking off.

I need to find a quiet place. I walk around the park, and try to calm myself down, but everytime I see Taeyeon's tired expression as she answered my question, I can't help but feel angry. But then, I see her scared face when I lashed out. I want to hold her, but at the same time I want to push her away. I walk around the park for 5th time when a car pulls up to me and the window rolls down.

"Baekhyun, get in the car," Suho calls. I look over and see Taeyeon in the passenger's seat.

"No," I hiss.

"Baekhyun," He says sternly.

"Not when she's in there," I complain.

"Stop acting like a baby and get in the car already," Suho orders. I give and walk over to the car and open the back seat door and slide in. I try my best to inch the farthest away from Taeyeon. This was going to be a long car ride.