Lost All Control

It was the end of the year. It's crazy how that just happens, seems like it just started. Bruno and the hooligans played until the ball dropped in Vegas. It was awesome. After the show was loud music and partying until morning.

I stood next to his sisters, Jess, and a few other people. Bruno came over.

"You were great," I said. He gave me a hug first and then everyone else. The rest of the hooligans came over. 

"Guys that was epic."

"Party time!" Phil yelled. "Woo!"

I was officially of legal drinking age, not that it stopped me before. I stopped at the bar to order something.

"Margarita on the rocks, please. With salt."

"Look who's legally ordering a drink," a voice said from far away. I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"Hey Bruno," I said, smiling.

He was already a little drunk, leaning against the wall. He ordered a drink for himself while talking to me. I thanked and tipped the bartender for both of us, since Bruno wasn't level-headed enough to do it.

I took a sip of my drink. "Where's Jess?"

"She went back to the hotel room with Tiara."

"Already?"

He just shrugged his shoulders. "Time to party!" he yelled, going back to the center of the dance floor. "Shots" by LMFAO came on. He put his arm around my neck.

"I wanna do a shot wit chu!" he yelled.

Well, it was more than one shot. I hit my limit and stopped. The lights started to make me feel epileptic. Even though I had only been 21 for a week, it was a good thing I was experienced. I still was too drunk to make sure Bruno was okay. I lost him but I was a little too drunk to have a game plan so I didn't do anything.

I passed a guy wearing a Metallica shirt from my favorite album, And Justice for All

"Hey," I said. "I like your shirt." I wouldn't normally just call out on a guy like that randomly, but I was a little out of it.

I had stopped him in his tracks. His name was Tommy. He was the drummer for a small band called Validation that just finished playing a show down the strip. Tommy was tall. Well, to me everyone's tall. I even had to look up at Bruno. He had medium-length dark brown hair and really pretty green eyes; he smelled really good.

We started talking about metal bands, the big ones and the lesser-known ones. He was more into the 80's thrash scene but he knew who I was, and Alice in Chains too. We soon exchanged numbers and were about to go get more drinks when suddenly Eric pulled me by the arm. I was sobering up a little bit.

"Where are we going? What's going on?" I asked as we ran out of the main bar/club area passing through one hallway after another. I heard Bruno yelling. He was in his dressing room.

"Go in there," Eric ordered.

"Why me?"

"Because he won't listen to me."

"What makes you think he'll listen to me?"

"Lily," Eric said, staring for a while, holding onto my shoulders. "You guys are so close. He cares about what you think. Get in there and trust me on this."

I still didn't believe him. I mean our friendship couldn't possibly be stronger than years and years of brotherly love. There's no way. I quietly shut the door behind me. He was throwing everything in sight, including furniture. He was screaming and crying at the same time. There were empty bottles littered throughout the room. He still wasn't acknowledging that I was there.