Mesmorized

As soon as we made it back from L.A, Bruno was gone for a bit. I had to tie up loose ends from before the Seattle trip with Patriot. There was a lot of tension because I had to put them on hold, especially with the "suits" from Interscope.

Bruno was off immediately to promote the new album and tour for the next two weeks. When he came back, he was holding a box of chocolates. It was nice being able to eat without guilt and fear.

"Awww thank you Bruno."

"You're welcome," he said, kissing me. "I got steak for dinner."

"Oooo."

As we ate dinner out in the back on the grass, I noticed he was staring at me.

"What?"

He put his fork down. "When I was gone, I really missed you and I got an idea."

"Oh boy," I said sarcastically. "Here we go."

"I want you to come on tour with me."

"Bruno, listen. I really missed you too, but I can't just tag along and be 'the girlfriend.' I need to work again."

"See I knew you would say that so I was thinking what if you did the sound for our shows, like you did for the BRIT awards."

"Are you sure?" I said, smiling a bit.

"I'm 100 percent sure. You don't have any new projects yet for Patriot. I'm sure Ryan could take over for you for just a little bit or you could have Ari do stuff. You could do things over the phone. Ari does that sometimes and it works for him. Look, the guys love having you around, and you know I love having you around. What do ya say?"

When I was still hesitating, he started singing "I can show you the world..."

He always knew how to make me smile and laugh. "Oh my god."

"Shining, shimmering, splendid," he sang as he got up to dance, pointing to me. I couldn't begin to describe the cute smirk on his face. "Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

"Okay, okay. Yes, yes. I'll do it. How could I say no to that performance?"

Bruno sat down next to me and whispered in my ear. "I know. I'm pretty damn irresistible, huh?"

I pulled him into me a little bit.

"Oooo," he said.

I laughed before pressing my lips against his. He glided a hand through my hair and left it gently resting on the side of my head. We broke it off for a second to look each other in the eyes.

"You're the best," I said.

"No," he said quietly. "You are."

"We can both be the best."

He laughed a little. "Okay, deal."

Before leaving for the tour, we had a party at Bruno's house. It was a family party, my new favorite kind.

I grabbed an inflatable tube and laid in the middle of the pool, despite the splashing of all the kids. It was so relaxing, I almost fell asleep. Bruno was at the grill.

He didn't know I noticed but he was staring at me the whole time.

"Hey my beautiful lily pad, do you want a burger or a hot dog?" He said.

"Awww," Presley said, along with his other sisters trailing behind her.

I could only stare back at him at first. I was the luckiest girl in the world. How did I get so damn lucky?

"Burger," I said smiling. "No cheese, please."

He winked. "Gotcha."

I got out the pool when the food was ready, dipping through the hole of the tube to cool off for a second. I grabbed my towel from a lounge chair and wrapped it around me.

___________________________________________

I went over to Lily with a plate for her. She looked so beautiful. Her smile reflected in the outdoor lighting as Eric told a funny story. Even her hair was gorgeous and all she did was loosely put it up. Excess water dripped down her shoulder and arm. A lot of girls put their hair up but she wasn't like those other girls; she was so much better, one of a kind.

"Thank you," she said, taking the plate.

I sat beside her on the chair. It wasn't too long before we sat on the same chair in the same spot in the yard where we officially confessed our feelings for each other. We watched everyone. The kids sat in the grass. Lily and I were attached at the hip, literally.

Her cold and wet leg touched mine. Every little thing about her now memorized me.

"You look happy, Lil."

"I'm very happy."

I took my flannel off and put it over her legs. I pulled her closer with my hand holding onto the back of her head, kissing her on the lips. I loved hearing her say how happy she was. I loved that things were so good and so amazing between us. Most of all, I loved that she wasn't sick anymore.

"You're wearing the exact same thing you were wearing when we met. You remember that?"

"Yeah," I said. "Of course I do. We talked about Metallica for like, an hour," I said, before pausing for a bit. "I've never been so excited to go on tour before. Have you seen what some of my fans have been saying about you?"

Lily sighed very dramatically. "I'd rather not. I did yell at a bunch of them years ago."

"They love you...they think you're cute...and they've been following you on Instagram and that stuff...some of them are never gonna like the girl I love."

"Well that's good...I guess."

"Just wait until this tour...even those crazy ones will fall in love with you."