Forever and Ever

Jaime finished up my hair. I grew quiet as they talked so much, as they usually did. Presley's laughter snapped me out of my mind. 

"Lily," Presley said. "Are you okay?" 

I nodded my head slowly. 

"I'm sure Bruno's nervous too," she said. "Did you guys see him this morning?"

"Yeah," Jaime said. "He put orange juice in his cereal. Are you worried that something's going to go wrong?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "It's just a lot going on...I guess."

"It is a big day..." Jaime said. "I remember how I felt too...but it's not like anything bad's gonna happen. Bruno's absolutely crazy about you..."

I stood with Jerry, minutes before I would walk down the aisle with him.

"Are you nervous?" Jerry asked, pulling me into him a little.

"Yep," I said, bouncing around a little, tapping my fingers against my leg. "Very. I think it would get better once we got here..."

"Don't be. Bruno's a great guy and I know that your dad would have approved of him too. He's exactly who Layne would've wanted. He would've loved him...I really mean that."

I stood there, about to cry already.

Jerry grinned a little. "You look so beautiful, Lil."

"Thanks Jerry."

I wished so badly Dad had been there to share the moment with me. He was there; I could feel it. Not that I wasn't grateful to have Jerry and the Alice in Chains guys. If we hadn't made up, I would have no one there for me. It wouldn't have been the same. The music started to play.

We turned and looked into the aisle, locking arms. Bruno's sisters were my bridesmaids and they were all freaking out. At one point, they had thought he'd never get married. Then, I saw Bruno at the altar. He had the most adorable smile. He was so nervous. It wasn't too obvious; I just knew because of how nervous I felt too.

Jerry turned to me and whispered into my ear. "Look at that face. He's the happiest guy in the world right now. He's such a lucky guy."

I whispered back. "And I'm the happiest girl in the world right now. I love you."

"I love you too Lily."

___________________________________________________

Her face was beaming a beautiful smile, the kind I had only seen recently, in the home videos we watched of her playing with her dad. Lily looked gorgeous; she was gorgeous. She and Jerry were linked by the arms as they walked toward us.

"She's beautiful, man," Phil whispered a few feet away. I smiled, probably grinning like an idiot.

She and Jerry made their way down the aisle. When she gave him a final kiss on the cheek and came up to the altar, I grabbed both of her hands. I couldn't wait to kiss her, as my wife.

"You look so..." I began to say, until my emotions got the best of me. "You look so." 

"Thank you," she winked and smiled, making the two of us laugh pretty hard. "You look beautiful too."

The two of us couldn't stop laughing, resulting in the rest of the room laughing too. The room went silent again, and she leaned in close to me.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," she whispered to me. "Forever and ever."

"Forever and ever."

"I love you, Bruno."

"I love you, Lily."

Moments later I heard the words I couldn't wait for. When they came, I froze a bit.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I put her hands around my neck and brought her in close. It took me a minute to take it all in. My heart was beating out of my chest. I didn't know why I was so nervous. Phil cleared his throat, smiling because I was taking so long. Lily and I turned our heads around, laughing. The whole room started laughing.

"Kiss her already," he coughed jokingly.

Everyone laughed again. I looked at her again and brought her in even closer. It was a little bit hard to kiss her at first because we were both smiling so much, but then I did. It was so amazing, not because it wasn't amazing all the times before, but because I knew we'd be doing it for the rest of our lives.

We broke the kiss for second. Time stood so still. Then, I quickly grabbed her and dipped her a bit; she let out a little squeal. I kissed her again as she held onto me. Everyone started clapping and cheering. I pulled Lily up and all I could do was smile.

She took an exaggerated breath, and then I did too. I pulled her into me and held her. We were then supposed to walk back down the aisle. I didn't want to let her go, but then I remembered the surprises I had in store for the reception.