29- The Confession

"Have you told Caspar yet?" I ask.

"No. I told you that I just got off the phone with her." He says.

"But why would you tell me before telling your best friend?" I ask.

"I thought we were friends? Or are we just uncle and niece?" He asks.

"Friends, I guess." I say shrugging.

"Good. And there is your answer." He says.

I smile in response.

"I want to tell the others. But i cant." He says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Well, one month is a long time..." He says, trailing off.

"Good point." I say.

"So what am I even supposed to do? I'm just fifteen, remember?" I say.

"Yeah, you can give me advice and help me tell them." He says.

"Did you not just hear me say that I'm just fifteen?!" I say.

"Yeah, a fifteen year old who is about to go in front of a million people on a stage! Not many fifteen year olds are brave enough to do that!" He explains.

"So now what?" I ask.

"I don't know, you tell me!" He says.

I give out a sigh and start to give him a lesson on how to tell people something really important and not make them judge you.

That's a long lesson name.

I explain everything I know in about 10 minutes.

"And that's all I know!" I say, leaning back.

"Hm, its good enough. Let's go!" He says, taking my hand and pulling me off of the bed.

He was about to run but I stop him before he dragged me on the floor. "Wait! Go where?!" I ask.

"Mine and Caspar's room. We are going to tell him first." He says, looking at me as if I was the dumbest person alive.

"Now?" I ask.

"Yup." He says, taking my hand and walking straight out. No questions asked.

Joe opens the room door and Caspar was on his bed, using his laptop.

"Hey El!" He says, looking up for a split second and going back down.

"Joe needs to tell you something." I say, looking at Joe.

"I have been dating a girl for about a month now and I haven't told anyone so I'm telling you now." He says, really, really fast.

"Okay." Caspar says, shrugging.

"Well, that was easier than i thought." Joe says, opening his eyes and relaxing.

"I know right?" I say.

"Oh yeah, and everyone is at Zoe's room, if you wanted to tell them as well." Caspar says.

"Okay." Joe says shrugging and walking out of the room as I follow him.

We were standing right in front of Mum's room and I look at Joe.

"Okay, in there, there are people who are going to question you, so don't expect it to be as simple as telling Caspar." I say.

He nods and takes a deep breath. Its like I'm a boxing coach giving a pep talk to a boxer.

He knocks on the door and waits nervously for someone to answer.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I look at it and see that Olivia is calling me.

Niomi answers the door and Joe looks at me, directing his eyes to the room, meaning asking me to come in.

"I got to take this. Start without me." I say.

He sighs and goes in. I answer the phone call.

"Hey Olivia." I say.

"El! How is LA?" She asks.

"So far so good. I have to get on stage for Playlist though." I say grimly.

"Why are you saying it like its a bad thing?" She asks.

"Because it means going in front of a million people who you hate! With a passion!" I practically yell.

"Come on! Look on the bright side, your in LA, for Playlist, in front of a million people who you might hate but they love you!" She says.

"I guess you're right." I say, giving in to the fact that whether I want to or not, I have to do it.

"Good girl." She says.

"I got to go help Joe with something now. I'll talk to you later, k?" I say.

"Okay. Have fun!" She says.

"Bye." I say.

I go to the door and knock on it. There is a while until Tanya finally opens it.

They were all sitting in silence looking at Joe and when I came, they just watched me.

"Okay Joe, can you please continue?" Mum asks.

"Um, well, I, um wa-"

"He wanted to tell you that he has been dating another YouTuber for about a month." I interrupt because he was taking way too long.

"Eleanor! Let him finish! That is not funny!" Mum says, giving me a death stare.

"No, that is what I wanted to tell you. I asked El to help in case I get too nervous." He says, defending me.

"Okay. So why were you so nervous? It isn't that big of a deal!" Jim says.

"I just thought that you guys would, you know, hate me for keeping this from you for a month." He says, softly.

Is it me or does this feel like a TV show with a script?

"So who is she?" Louise asks.

"Chloe Pearce." He says.

"The one you did the photo booth challenge with?" Mum asks.

And then it was pretty much the repetition of what happened when he told me.

After all of that, they decide to just talk. So I excuse myself and go back to my room.

I take my phone out and just as I was about to call Olivia, I get another call.

I look at the caller ID and it was Austin!