49- Deal

"What?!" I practically yell.

"Turns out, he didn't listen to me and was walking back home while he was drunk and got hit by a car." Mum says.

"God damn it! Why couldn't he listen?! Why is he crying over a stupid girl?!" I yell.

"How could he lie to his own sister? How could he lie to me?" I say, lowering my voice.

I blink back my tears and run upstairs and lock my door. I take the scissors and cut myself on my arm. Like at school, it stung a little but was satisfactory. 

This time, no ones there to stop me. I make several more cuts on my arm, until only my wrist is left. I stop when I see that my uniform was almost covered in my blood.

I stand up and go to the bathroom and have a shower. My arm hurt a lot as the water seeped through my cuts.

I change into shinny jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers. I tie my hair up into a high ponytail and I only put lip gloss because I know that I'm going to be crying a lot. I wear a jacket to hide my cuts and I take my phone and some money.

I start to type a text message to Caspar.

E: What hospital is Joe in?

C: London medical.

E: See you there.

I unlock my door and I run downstairs towards the door.

"El? Where are you going?" Mum asks.

"London." I say, opening the door and walking out.

I slam the door shut and I run towards the train station. I pay for the ticket and get into the train.

The whole ride, I only checked my phone once, to tell Caspar to pick me up at the station. The rest of the time was just filled with deep thoughts.

After a while, and a few tears, I finally reach the station and Caspar was there waiting for me.

"The car is parked outside." He says.

"Let's go." I say.

I get into the passenger seat and Caspar drives.

"Please tell me that you took your parents' permission." Caspar says.

"Let's just say that they know where I am." I say.

We get to the hospital and we go inside. "They wouldn't let me in." Caspar says.

I go to the reception as fast as I could. "I would like to visit Joe Sugg please." I say.

"Sorry Miss, only family members allowed." She says.

"I'm his niece." I say.

"Eleanor Deyes." I say.

"Room 102." She says.

"Thank you." I say, rushing towards the elevator.

I stand in front of his room and there was a doctor inside. I knock on the door and I poke my head in.

"Sorry miss, only family members." The doctor says.

"I'm his niece." I say.

"You've only got five minutes." He says, walking out.

I slowly walk in and shut the door behind me. Caspar was outside waiting for the five minutes to me up.

Joe was in the worst state possible. He had a broken arm and a broken leg. And there were so many wires attached to him.