35- The talk

I walk as slowly as possible backstage. I don't really save much time. Because my 'slow walk' got me there in about ten seconds. So much for stalling.

Austin was there, just standing there, waiting for me. "You wanted to mention something?" He asks.

"Yeah, can we go inside? There is hardly any space to move over here, with all the wires and stuff." I say even when I know that I'm going to miss the YouTube boy band and man, was I looking forward to seeing that!

"Sure." He says bluntly.

Is he actually mad at me? I don't mention one thing and everything goes haywire.

We sit on the couch inside and it's just a moment of silence, just us staring at each other. "Look, Austin, I can completely explain why I didn't tell you sooner! You can't be mad at me for something this stupid." I say.

"I'm not mad. I'm actually glad." He answers.

"Huh?" I ask, confused as ever.

"Your parents are famous YouTubers, right?" He says.

"Yeah..." Still not understanding where he is actually going with this.

"So are mine." He admits, softly.

"Wait. Who are your parents?" I instantly say, still confused.

"Colleen and Joshua Evans." He says.

I just sit there, staring at him, trying to process this information.

"It just felt nice to have someone know you for you and not your parents." He says.

"That's exactly why I didn't tell you." I say.

"Makes sense. Doesn't it?" He says.

"A lot." I say.

There is just a long silence. "So we're cool?" He asks.

"Absolutely." I say.

"Let's go see the YouTube boy band." He says.

"Of course." I say.

I hope that the song isn't finished yet.

We walk back and by the time we got to the wings, Marcus just started his rap.

They've still got it. I'm impressed.

Joe starts singing and he sounded amazing. Now I get why almost everyone likes him.

And I would answer all your wishes if you asked me to, but if you denied me one of your kisses don't know what I'd do!

I pretty much died of laughter at the dance they did.

The whole performance was horribly good.

"So, why are you actually here?" I ask.

"My mum and Lilly have a sort of segment here together. You didn't hear?" He says.

"Nope. I only knew that Lilly was going to be here." I say.

"Oh. Okay." He says, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Please tell me that that wasn't the first time you saw that picture." He says.

"Obviously not. Its literally all over the internet. And I live on the internet." I say.

"Good. Because I thought that it was your first time seeing that and you weren't surprised." He says, chuckling.

"I actually wasn't surprised when I saw it the first time. There were fans outside Starbucks and they started to gather around me. That was my delay." I say.

"Same here. You were the one who was causing the other crowd?" He asks.

"Yup." I say.

Everything is now actually making sense.

"We are in America, so let's stop with all the British and bring out Colleen and Lilly!" Tyler says super loudly.

Everyone starts to cheer. "So we had one hour of the British and this other hour with the Americanos!" Tyler says.

Did he just say Americanos? Talk about weird.

"I got to go for a few minutes. I'll be back k?" I say.

"Sure." He says.

I leave and look for everyone else backstage.

I finally spot them and walk over to them. "El! You were great!" Mum says, hugging me as soon as she sees me.

"Thank you." I say.

"So this guy, is he actually 'just a friend'?" Joe whispers as the others start to talk.

"I'll explain later." I say, because you never know if there are hidden mics or cameras here... I'm just sayin'

"So we wait here, and watch the rest of Playlist and then we go and have the meet and greet with the fans. Then back to the hotel. Okay?" Mum asks.

"Got it." Jim says while everyone else nods in agreement.

They stand there watching Lilly and Colleen.

I walk over next to mum who was holding my dad's hand. "Mum?" I say.

"Yes El?" She says, looking at me.

"Can I go somewhere? I'll be back when the show is over." I say.

"Okay. But b-"

"Be careful! I know! I know!" I interrupt.

"Okay. Be back as soon as the show is over." She says.

"K." I say, walking away.

I go back to where Austin was. I stand next to him. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back in response.

I could get used to this.

I don't exactly know what 'this' is, but its way better than being yelled at back at home.