47- Consultation

-Next morning-

Caspar and I were fast asleep till about 11 am. Turns out we weren't the only ones who woke up late. "Hey Joe!" I say, looking over the couch.

He grunts in reply. "How was last night?" I ask, ignoring the fact that he just grunted at me.

"Good. I think." He says sleepily and kind of angrily.

Caspar was there just staring at Joe and his state- black circles under his eyes, messy hair, the fact that he can't balance himself and was holding the kitchen counter so he wouldn't fall.

"Joe, many bad things have happened to me, but drinking isn't going to fix anything." I say.

"You told!" He yells at Caspar, and he looks as if he's about to throw himself at him.

"He didn't tell me!" I lie.

"I was up late last night at about 2 am and you come in, drunk, unsteady and uneasy. Then you were about to cut yourself with a knife or blade but you couldn't find one. And you honestly wouldn't believe what you called Caspar!" The last sentence was just to change the subject some how.

"What did I call him?" He says, giving out a small chuckle. This is good. We're making progress.

"A South African slut." I say, holding in my laughter. It is actually funny when you think about it.

He starts to laugh hysterically. "Did I actually?" He says out of laughter.

"Yes, you did. And I'm still waiting for an apology." Caspar says crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry." He says, still laughing.

"Okay, as funny as it is, you seriously need to stop." I say.

"Okay. I will." He says.

I have a feeling that he's lying. "I'm going to go downstairs to have a shower." Joe says, walking towards the stairs.

"Wait, did he drive to the club and back? While he was drunk?" I ask.

"No. The club isn't far. Just two blocks away." Caspar says.

"Do you have a feeling that he's lying? Or is it just me?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I could tell he was. Living with him for years I can really tell." Caspar says.

"Maybe we should tell someone. So that he can get help." I suggest.

"I would normally go to Zoe if I need help." Caspar says.

"Are you crazy?! She'll never let me hang out with Joe again!" I say.

"Okay, so letting Joe hurt himself is better?" Caspar says.

I sigh. "Fine. But how are we going to make her talk to him?" I ask.

"Just tell her over the phone now. And she will suggest something." Caspar says.

"Good idea. But you're talking." I say.

"What?! But she is your mum!" Caspar says.

"But he's your best friend." I fight back.

"But... Just give me the phone!" Caspar says.

I take my phone and call my mum. I give him the phone and we patiently wait for her to pick up.

"Hi Zoe, its Caspar." Caspar says.

"Yes, El is fine." Caspar says.

"I want to talk about Joe." Caspar says.