36- Evelyn

Playlist is over. This means that I have to either go meet fans or watch my parents and the others meet them.

Austin went with his mum and I was heading back to where mum was. Just like she said.

They were just about to go out with the security and I catch up.

"About time." Caspar says.

"Sorry. I was all the way on the other side of the stage." I say.

"Come on, let's go. We don't want to keep them waiting." Mum says.

I sigh and nod. I follow them and talk to Joe while I walk. I look around for Callum. Oh yeah! Mum and Dad dropped him off at a friend's house.

We walk into the room where the fans were waiting. There was a long line of ten chairs which I'm guessing was for us.

All of them start to scream as soon as they see us.

Jesus. Are they trying to make us deaf?!

The security tells us to sit down on the chairs over there. "Don't have to tell me twice!" I mutter to myself and straight away sit down.

I'm honestly exhausted. I feel like I haven't sat down in ages.

The others sit down after me. Mum on my right and Joe on my left. The security stand by us and they let the fans come in one by one.

Everyone hugs the fan. Am I supposed to do that? The fan comes up to me. "Hi." I say politely and I stand up.

She hugs me in response. This is not on my comfort level.

"I love you so much!" She says.

"Aw, thanks." I say.

"Can we take a picture?" She asks.

"What are meet and greets for?" I ask.

She giggles and I smile at the phone. She takes the pictures and moves on to Joe.

And that's how everyone else met me. After about, the fifteenth person, some one very familiar comes up to me.

And by familiar, I mean I know exactly who she was. Evelyn.

"Evelyn! Hey!" I say, trying to act as friendly as possible.

"Eleanor! Turns out I do get to meet your friends and family!" She says, smirking.

And the flashback to what I said in the principal's office starts.

"Why are you here Evelyn?" I ask, trying to figure out her game.

"Well, I did get a ticket to the meet and greet, so here I am, meeting and greeting you." She says grinning. And not just any grin, but an evil, 'in your face' grin.

"Just move on!" I say.

"Good idea. Its not like you're so important that I need to take a photo with you!" She says.

I take a deep breath to try and calm myself down instead of jumping or swearing at her.

I always enjoy our nice little conversations. I continue to take pictures as the fans come.

After an hour or two of meeting fans, we finally finish and I plop back down to my chair and I take a sip of water.

"Anyone up for dinner at a restaurant?" Louise asks.

"I think we should just stay at the hotel and order pizza or something." Marcus says.

"Pizza!" Caspar practically yells.

"I guess its pizza at the hotel then." Jim says, shrugging.

"I don't think there was a choice." Dad says, looking at Caspar's greedy look on his face.

That boy will never change. It would make more sense if I called him 'man' but considering that he's 36 and he still has an interest in cartoons, I don't think so.

We all head back to the hotel and I go straight to my room and flop face-first onto the bed.

I stare at the ceiling. Its not that I want to think, its just that since I'm here on the bed, why not have a few thoughts to myself?

Just when I was starting to feel like I was away from all the trouble back at home, but then, Evelyn had to come to Playlist.

I wonder what's going to happen to the dance.

My thought of school leads to the thought of my friends. This is officially the longest I have gone without talking, or texting, Louis.

What's the time in Brighton now? Maybe we can still talk.

I open Siri on my phone. "Siri, what's the time in Brighton?" I ask.

"It is 1 am in Brighton." It replies correctly, for once.

1 am. They are obviously sleeping. It is Sunday anyways. There is school tomorrow.

I am really sleepy. I'm not in the mood to eat.

I take the phone provided in the hotel room for room service and stuff and I type in my mum's room number.

Beep. Beep.

It rings. Even the ringing sounds American.

"Hello?" Mum says.

"I don't feel like having dinner, I'm going to stay in and sleep." I say.

"Are you sure El?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yes mum, I'm fine!" I say.

"Hm, okay. Good night." She says.

"Night." I say.

I put the phone down and lay back down on my bed, and continue to torture myself with the thoughts of Evelyn and what happened before I came here.

Why do I keep doing this to myself?!