Mom Moment...

As we reached the front door, I stopped walking. Austin turned to look at me.

"Are you alright?" he asked, clearly concerned. I felt lightheaded and reached for Austin. He caught me and held me close. "It's alright.. What matters is that you're happy. Breathe... It's okay." He said stroking my hair. I finally caught my breathe and nodded. He gave me one of his reasuring smiles and we walked in the house. 

"M-Mom! We're home!" I yelled. 

"In the kitchen!" she screamed back. We walked in, holding hands. She turned to look at us smiling, softly. Then she stopped smiling as she saw our hands together. Then she looked at me, I smiled and nodded and she grinned super wide.

"Oh my Goodness! Oh!" She separated me from austin and pulled me into a hug. She was squeezing too tight.

'Mom! I-Can't-breath!" I gasped out.

"OH! Sorry! I'm just so happy for both of you!" She smiled. Austin finally Spoke out. 

"We just need your permission now." He answered. 

"Of course! You have my absolute permission." She exclaimed. She smiled then started crying. wow, this was new...

"MOM! Why are you crying?" I asked in awe. 

"I'm sorry! Mom moment..."  She said, wiping away tears. I smiled and hugged Austin.

"Thank you.." I Whispered. I breathed in deep, Inhaling his cologne. IU would remember that smell forever.

"No, Thank YOU." He whispered into my ear. I let him go and smiled. My mom wasn't crying anymore, So  I thought this would be a good time to ask her.

"Can Austin please stay? It's really late and he wouldn't stand the drive back. I'm worried he will fall asleep on the road." I wasn't lying. I actually was. My mom looked thoughtful for a minute.

"Alright, but you have to sleep in the guest room. No sharing rooms... unless you are willing to sleep on the floor. " She replied smuggly.. She really thought that bothered Austin? HA!

"I'm alright with sleeping on the floor." Austin replied. My mom looked at him suspiciously.

"Mom, it's alright. I promise to be good. Right Austin?" I asked him, nudging him with my elbow softly.

"Yes." Was all he replied. My mom looked at both of us and finally gave in.

"Fine, he can sleep in your room. ON THE FLOOR." She exclaimed with emphasis.

"Okay, let me help him get set up. Come on Austin. Good night Mom." I called out, kissing her cheek and walking up the stairs to my room with Austin trudging behind me. This was going to be interesting....