Together Again...

"Austin, I can't believe I lived without you for all this time." I cried hugging him.

"I can't believe I forgot you. I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear.

"Well, if you feel better, I kind of forgot you too so we're even." I smiled. He chuckled and pushed a piece of hair away from my face.

"Olive, what has been going on lately. Tell me." He asked, sitting down on his bed. He patted the space next to him. I laughed and sat down next to him.

" Well, after we broke up-" I stopped abruptly. Should I tell him about the kiss? Would he take it well? Would he go after Alex? I better not...

"Olive? Are you okay? You just sort of... Stopped..." He said.

"Oh! No! I'm fine. Really I am. Well, I ran out of my house, getting hit by a car. I fell into a coma for 3 months. When I woke up I didn't remember anything. I stayed at the hospital for another week. They ran tests and didn't find anything else wrong. They said I would never remember anything. As you can see, they lied," I chuckled. "well, then I lived my life. I was home-schooled and I hadn't gone anywhere until that night at bowling. I'm sorry about that by the way."

"It's okay." He smiled. I laughed. Then I remembered I went out with Alex. Well... unofficially. unless about 1 day of going out counts, we were going out. I decided to skip that too. 

"Now, Ana was, she was hit. B-by a s-stra-a-ay bullet. N-now, she's, she's gone." I cried. 

"Oh, Olive!" He hugged me. I just kept sobbing. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! I wasn't there for you when you needed me." He kissed my cheek.

"I just can't believe she's gone" I cried. He handed me a tissue. I wiped my tears, but it was no use. for some reason, they just kept coming. I don't know what I was crying about. Or how I was still crying after all the tears I had already shed.

" Olive, you have me here. She will always be in our hearts. She's in a better place." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and lay down. He lay down with me and I fell asleep, with his arms around my waist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran around, next to Ana.

"Thank you! I couldn't have remembered him without you." I hugged her. We tripped and fell.

"Olive, you were meant to be. I always liked seeing you two together, and when I realized you had forgotten him, It broke my heart. I never wanted you two to be apart." Ana said. She started crying. It made no sense why to me.

"Ana, stop crying. we're happy now." I rubbed her back. 

"Olive. Please forgive me! I never meant to get involved!" She cried.

"Involved in what?"

"I didn't mean for it to ever happen! The night before I died, I slept with Austin. I didn't want to! I just couldn't help it." She cried and stepped back." If you hate me, I understand."

"Ana! I don't hate you. It's okay. I didn't remember him so it doesn't count. I will never hate you. Will I still be able to see you in my dreams?"

"Yes." She smiled.