Asking..

I walked down the stairs and my mom was waiting for me in the kitchen. I sat down and ate. Gosh, I missed her cooking...

"Olivia, what would you think if I told you that you dated a celebrity?" She asked cautiously.

"I would tell you you're nuts. Like, completely nuts. You know I don't want to date and that I'm shy about new people, especially celebrities." I said laughing as if this was a huge joke.

"Oh, alright. I was just supposing. Finish eating. I'll help you get settled in your room better later." She said seriously as she walked out the door. Weird.... she never asks about things like that... whatever...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was done eating, my mom was in my room putting away cards I had left  in the suitcase. I looked around and it looked like my room, but it didn't feel like it....

"Something wrong honey?" My mom asked. I must've looked troubled.

"Oh, nothing.... Just, it feels different to be home. I don't remember buying the house, so it feels weird for me to call it home.." I said sitting down on my bed, crisscross applesauce.

"Don't worry honey, you have all summer to get used to it." She simply said. I took a deep breath..

"Mom, can you please tell me everything that happened.."

"I already told you how you got hurt Olive.."

"No mom, I mean everything that happened. Everything I lost memory of." I replied cautiously.

" No Olive... you'll be surprised and I don't know how you would take it." She answered strictly.

"Mom, I can't just live like this.... NOT KNOWING WHAT WENT ON IN MY LIFE!" I screamed.

"YOU CHANGED OLIVE! YOU WERE THE TRUE YOU! AND THERE WAS A PERSON THAT LET THE TRUE YOU OUT OF ITS SECLUSION!" she yelled back.

" TELL ME ABOUT THAT PERSON! I WANT TO KNOW!" I stood up screaming.

" I TRIED OLIVE, I TRIED! BACK THERE, AT THE TABLE! YOU CALLED ME CRAZY! AND THAT WASN'T THE WHOLE STORY! YOU ARE STILL A CHILD. YOU DON'T, WON'T AND WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!" she took a deep breath then, with tears in her eyes she walked out. I slammed the door and lay down on my bed. Calling me a kid. I'm already 16! I don't make stupid decisions! What, does she think I would have sex with whoever said he loved me?!