Emotional Excerpt Here

Austin was pacing outside the door. The doctor had been in there since they had been done talking. He was starting to get impatient. The door finally swung open and the doctor walked out.

"How is she?" He immediately asked her. He needed to make sure she woke up as soon as possible.

"She should wake up in about 10 minutes. That's how long that last sedative will stay effective. Then, you'll be able to see her again." She smiled. Austin started tearing up. This was exactly what he needed to hear.

"Can I go in and see her? He asked her, wiping away the tears before they slipped out. The doctor nodded and Austin walked through the door. He saw her sitting there, lookipng so peaceful and he immediately went up to her. He kissed her forehead and held her hand. He really missed hearing her voice and seeing her smile. He sat on the bed and put his face in his hands.

"I'm so sorry. I should've been there for you. I tried my best. I wasn't there to- to protect you. I broke my promise. Please forgive me," He turned to look at her, once again grabbing her hand.

"I'm here. I'm here now and I can't think of another time to tell you I love you with all my heart. You deserve someone better and I'm not that better person. Thank you for giving me a chance. A chance at being able to call you mine. A chance at loving you. A chance at making you happy." He whispered his voice cracking. He cupped her cheek in his free hand, stroaking it lightly with his thumb.

As soon as the first tear dropped from his eyes, Olive opened her eyes slowly. She looked scared and tired all at once. it wasn't just any fear. It was the fear to be touched or hurt. God knows what else happened in her dream. Maybe we got to her in time. Maybe they hadn't but it was up to Austin to fix her.

"Olive, your awake.. I'm sorry I'm so terribly sorry." He smiled but started crying holding her close, kissing her cheek repeatedly.

"Austin... It's alright..... we need to, talk..." She said as she carefully wiped the tears from his face, caressing his face with her thumb.

"I'm here to listen. Did he get far in your dream? Did he do anything?" He asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

"He got farther than before. He almost.... He almost got in me. I wish you could've awaken we. I wish I hadn't seen that... I'm not going to be the same Austin." She whimpered, her voice cracking in the process. Austin started crying again. He saw her at her most vulnerable. And just to top it off, He was furious. Just thinking about someone else touching her made him go mad. He felt like punching a wall. But what made him angrier was his inablity to have helped her, saved her. He broke his promise. He wasn't worthy. And it was until now that he knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Olive, I'll make this better. I promise." He said standing up and walking out the door, not looking back. Afraid of seeing her sad again. And one thing was for sure, he couldn't look back or guilt would eat him alive.