Remembering...

"WHAT?! No... This isn't true. I didn't. I remember it was yesterday that I fell down at the concert!"

"Olive, No, it wasn't yesterday... It was over a month ago.... I was there with you everyday! I know what happened and you have to believe me, It happened." Ana sobbed. She tried grabbing my hand but I pushed it away..

"No, It wasn't you're lying! You little liar!" I screamed, starting to cry. I didn't lose my memory and I'm fine like always!

"Olivia, It happened-" the boy started saying.

"Don't talk to me! I don't even know you!" I screamed. He seemed taken aback but just stood there looking at the ground.

"Olivia, there's no reason for you to be rude.. He just wanted to help." Ana exclaims

"I don't even KNOW who HE IS!" I screamed. My mom shook her head and Ana hugged Alex. Alex hugged back then said

"Olive, if you ever need me, I'll always be here, because i'm still you're friend..." He walked out and Ana walked away.

"Mom, please tell me I didn't lose my memory.... Please tell me it's not true." I cried softly.

"I'm sorry Olive, I can't tell you that.... I would be lying to you." She kissed my forehead and walked out.

One Week Later....

I walked out into the fresh air. You can always sense summer in Miami.

My mom had explained that we had moved, because she had gotten a better job. She said she took some pictures down from my room that were taken from the part of my memory that had been erased. She didn't want me to get really shocked at anything. Ana had come to visit, but the boy who was here the first day, he never came back. Ana told me his name was Alex and that we had been friends in the past. I don't know how that worked because I was typically shy around new people and she knew that. Whenever we talked, it seemed as if she wasn't telling me something important. My phone had been lost in the chaos so I got a new one. The only few contacts I had were the ones I remembered.

I learned to accept that I had lost my memory. At  times, during the night, when no one was with me, I would start feeling really sad and heartbroken. Why, I can't say... It was as if a piece of me remembered something from the past that caused me pain. That piece of me wasn't my head.

My head couldn't remember ANYTHING. They had tried but it was useless. After a few tests, the doctor said what I had would be permanent. It wouldn't affect my body in any way but I would never remember anything from the past month again.

When I got home. My room looked different of course, because I was in a different house but it was exactly like I would want it. My bulletin board was empty. I'm guessing all the pictures I had were of "The time". My mom said she had transfered me from my school into another one but because I wouldn't remember anyone or anything I had learned there, I was going to be homeschooled.

in my room, I looked around at things. My things were neat and tidy. I arranged the flowers I had and headed to shower. When I looked in the closet, there was clothing I couldn't recall getting, meaning I had gotten it in the time I had lost my memory. I just chose some random sweats and an oversized tee shirt. The shirt smelled particular. The scent seemed familiar. but, it was worthless to try and remember.

"Olive? It's time for lunch." My mom called up.

"Be there in a minute!" I yelled back. I started walking but a picture on the floor caught my attention. It was Ana, Alex, a boy I didn't know, and I. I looked at it and saw that we were separated. I was holding hands and hugging with The boy I didn't know, or more so remember, and Ana and Alex were cuddling. I didn't know the boy yet, I immediately didn't like him. Something made me feel hate, anger, and jealousy.... I ripped the picture and threw it into the trash can before walking out the door... It wasn't worth remembering...