I waited

I waited:

October 3, 2012

Ding, ding, ding

My phone signaled that I had a new message. I checked and it was from my best friend, and crush, Brooklyn:

"Hey, I really need to speak to you. Can we meet up at the park Starbucks in 5?"

I replied with:

"Sure"

I wonder what he needs to tell me...

~Time Skip to when they meet at Starbucks~

"Hey Brook" I greeted, "hey" he replied. "So what did you need to tell me?" I asked, "well, what I want to say is, I like you. Like, really like you" is this really happening? "And I just wanted to know if...." He got down on one knee, "you'd be my girlfriend?" He held out a bouquet of my favorite flowers. But I'm too young to have a boyfriend, oh god this is gonna be hard. "Brooklyn" I began, "don't get me wrong, I really like you too. But I think we're to young to date. If you're willing to wait, which I am, we can date in the future" I explained. "I totally get it" he said, standing up. "Friends?" "Friends. "

October 14, 2015

Brooklyn's POV

I'm still waiting for her. I'll wait for an eternity if I have to. It's been 3 years, she should be ready by now, right? I haven't talked to her in a long time. I wonder if she waited too. As I was thinking, I bumped into someone. "Oh my god I'm so sorry!" A familiar voice said, "Brooklyn?" "Hey" I said, "how've you been?" She asked me, "I'm good, you?" "Im fine" she replied. "So are you ready?" I asked nervously, "ready for what?" She replied in confusion. "Are you ready to date? We said we'd wait for each other until you were ready-" "babe what's taking so long?"  Guy said to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Babe? Wha-" "Brooklyn" she interrupted, "this is my boyfriend" my mouth dropped. "Are you kidding me?" I said in disbelief, "I thought you weren't ready!" "Brooklyn we haven't spoken to each other in forever and you expect me to remember a stupid promise-" "it wasn't stupid! Or to me it wasn't. I was serious. I cared about you. I still do. I waited 3 fucking years for you!" I shouted, "Brookyln-" "no, just don't" I said, storming off.