dancing in the rain

"we should get going soon" I said, "it's almost 9:00pm"

"yeah" Brooklyn agreed, "wanna take a cab or walk?" "let's walk" I suggested, "let's appreciate the lights" I said in a whimsical tone. we both laughed at my silliness.

we've been walking for around an hour, not even close to home. we were exploring the wonderful city of London. we walked around London aimlessly, crossing empty highways, until a song began to blast through a large speaker.

Quite Like You by: The script
(start playing it)

"oh my god!" I exclaimed, "it's my favorite song!" "wanna dance?" he asked me. I have him a puzzled look, "dance? in the middle of the highway?" "yeah" he casually replied, "what if a car comes?" "we die" he joked. "well, if I'm gonna die" I began, "I'm glad I'm gonna be with you" "it'd be an honor to die by your side" he bowed, I laughed as we began to dance in the middle of the highway.

our bodies swayed to the beat of the song. we danced and danced and danced without a care in the world.

Brooklyn's POV

I let her go to dance by herself, and my, she looked like an angel. she was so graceful and I couldn't keep my eyes off her. she's so beautiful. it was as if the music ran in her veins.

I've seen you in jeans, with no make up on.

I've seen her right when she woke up. even with the dried drool on the side of her mouth, messy hair, and stuff in her eyes, she still looked gorgeous. she looked beautiful without even trying.

i stood there in awe as your date for the prom.

she was my date to prom and it was the best night of my life. she looked beautiful. she always does. I don't know how she does it.

I've never seen anything quite like you in my life

I've never seen anything as unique and magnificent until I saw her. her beauty is one of a kind and you would never see anyone that can match up to her. she has her own category in beauty.

I joined her once again in dancing. I felt a small drop of rain, and in the following second, rain started to pour. she giggled as the rain drops fell into her skin. she didn't care at all. we continued dancing in the rain. it felt like that one scene in the notebook I think. I couldn't care less about anything else but her. just for a moment, all my troubles, all my doubts, all my problems, just washed away along with the rain that fell from the sky.

as the song ended, her forehead rested on mine as we stood in the midst of the rain.

"I love you" I said to her, "I love you Brooklyn" her smiled beamed at me.

I've never seen anything quite like you tonight............

a/n this can be another Valentine's Day thing if you want it to be. tbh I think this one is cute af !!! I hope you think so too :)) so yeah I hope you enjoyed!!

xoxo, me :))