"I'll become a priest"

I sat nervously in the waiting room, anticipating what could possibly happen in the operating room.

flashback

"so we're taking the long way home!!" she sang to one of her favorite songs, "cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone!!"
I joined in.

"I wanna get lost and drive forever baby talking bout nothing and whatever baby so we're taking the long way home, tonight"
we sang together in harmony.

as the song ended, I took the moment to really look at my wonderful girlfriend. I never really looked at her. I fell in love with her personality, the way her eyes sparkle when she talks about something she loves, the way she is so passionate about anything. I didn't fall in love with her looks, I fell in love with her.

"Brooklyn look out!"

my leg bounced up and down in anxiety, fear, and worry that the love of my life won't be here with me anymore.

I decided to walk to the nearby chapel and pray.

I knelt down on the cushion, closed my eyes, and spoke to God.

"dear God, it's been a while since I've talked to you. sorry about that. but I need your help. my girlfriend and I got into an accident while on the road. I was a careless driver. I was too busy admiring the gift you have me that I didn't see a drunk driver swerve towards our car. I came out fine but, she's in the emergency room right now, doctors and nurses are surrounding her, doing whatever it takes to keep her alive. good God please, don't call her just yet. I can't stand it without her. I'll do anything for her to be okay. please. just please save her. I'll do anything."

I thought about what I could do. be an altar server every Sunday ? no, not good enough. join the youth group? no. no good.
then it hit me.

"if you save her" I whispered.

"I'll become a priest"

as the words left my mouth, a doctor burst through the doors and looked at me.

"she's okay"

a/n hi guys !!! soooo I got this idea from something I saw on TV a looooooong time ago so I thought "why not make it into an imagine?" DONT WORRY !! there will be a part 2 :) it'll be out probably on Saturday or maybe even tomorrow. OH I almost forgot, 41K reads ??? Whaaaat ?!?! thank you guys for your endless support and positive comments!! I wish you an endless supply of happiness and good days :))

love,
author :)