Chapter 3

The Nazgul's or the Nine Servants of Sauron had found the hobbits at an inn in Bree, but they had escaped with the help of Aragorn. The souls had reported back to Meldiriel. When they did, she wasn't any less angry. If anything she was madder. She didn't understand what was going on. How come the hobbits were involved in this and Aragorn for that matter?

"What would you like us to do?" asked on of the nine servants.

"Travel together. Follow the company of Aragorn and the hobbits, and who ever joins them. I will not be far behind. Call when necessary." Meldiriel ordered.

The servants agreed to the orders and went back to where they had left off, which was the place where they had lost the hobbits. Meldiriel thought for a moment. She was trying to piece together the information, so she could figure out where to locate the accompany and what their next move was.

They want to destroy the ring! Meldiriel realized what they were going to do with the ring, they wanted to destroy it so that it wouldn't effect Middle Earth anymore. They wanted to rid this world of Sauron, the defiler. Meldiriel kicked her horse into a full gallop. She had to catch up with the servants because she knew it would only be a little amount of time before they would reach the hobbits and she wanted to see them all suffer at the touch of her blade.

***

It was already dark. She knew that the hobbits and Aragorn had probably already made camp. She rode up and down hills, the landscape was definitely not flat. She went over a hill and saw the great watchtower of Amon Sul. She heard the screeching of the Nine Servants and knew that they were about to kill the hobbits. She made her horse run as fast as it could over to the watchtower.

But, once she reached the tower, she saw the Nine Servants flee from the watchtower. Three of them were even on fire. She heard the screams of one of the hobbits. Meldiriel knew right away that the hobbit had been stabbed by a Morgul blade. She waited for a moment before she would ride away. She looked up at the watchtower. She was waiting for someone to peek over the ledge. After waiting, Aragorn had peered over the edge of the watchtower, as he was carrying one of the hobbits. He looked down at Meldiriel. He didn't know who she was. Whether she was another servant or an orc much less a girl he didn't know. He just stared down at her, while she peered up at him.

Meldiriel had enough of Aragorn looking at her, so she turned her horse and rode off. She waited on a hill, a ways away, waiting for them to move on.

As she waited, the Witch-King of Angmar rode up from behind her. Meldiriel remained in the same position and didn't even acknowledge him.

"The hobbit carrying the ring has been stabbed by a Morgul blade, he will be deeply suffering in a while." The Witch-King explained.

"What I don't understand is how five of you had the hobbits and you couldn't dispose of them. Then, when Aragorn comes into the picture you couldn't even succeed with him either," Meldiriel said as she turned her head to him. "Now go with the others."