Chapter 7

Meldiriel rode outside of Rivendell. She was greeted by the Nine Servants who were lined up side by side on their horses. The Witch-King kicked his horse forward, so he could be in front of the others.

"What have you learned?" The Witch-King asked.

"Who are you to ask?" Meldiriel snapped.

The Witch-King lowered his head. Meldiriel kicked her horse forward, making her stand on the left side of the Witch-King. She turned her head to look at the Witch-King. Her eyes stared him down and waited for him to look at her. She was very angry that he gave her orders. She was above his rank and yet he still tried to make her think she was below him.

"Witch-King head back to the retched place you call home. Then scout from the sky." Meldiriel ordered.

The Witch-King agreed to her terms. He kicked his horse and rode away. When she saw that he was a good distance away, she ordered the rest of them to travel ahead.

"What do you think Durion, should we follow the fellowship?" Meldiriel asked her horse.

She turned Durion around and rode back toward Rivendell, so she could follow the fellowship. The road was narrow and curvy, but she cantered on it anyway. When she reached Rivendell, the fellowship was already on the move. They were on a trail to the north, but the trail she was on, would not connect to theirs so she went down on the main trail. She rode quietly so that no one would notice her but she failed. Just before she passed an archway, Lord Elrond stepped in front of her. He held an elvish blade down by his side.

"You can go no further," Elrond instructed.

"Hir vuin Elrond, ego mibo orch (My lord Elrond, go kiss an orc)," Meldiriel smirked.

Elrond was shocked the very moment he heard her talk in elvish.

"U-iston (I don't know) you," Elrond commented. "Who are you?"

"Im___(I am)." Meldiriel began. "It is none of your business, elf."

Meldiriel's horse reared up in front of Lord Elrond. Lord Elrond quickly moved out of the way. Meldiriel rode away from Elrond down the path. He watched her ride off, he knew there was something about her that he didn't know but what?

***

She was riding behind the fellowship a couple of distances behind. She rode behind the trees, that were on the side of the path. She tried to be as quiet as possible. She watched their every move, making sure everything was noted so she could report back.