Chapter 27

Meldiriel was riding her horse with Gothmog, in front of the orc army. They were marching to the kingdom of Minas Tirith, where the war between orc and man would begin. When Meldiriel thought they were close enough to Minas Tirith she stopped. Which caused the rest of the orc army to stop behind her.

She turned to Gothmog and said, "Let Faramir in."

The gates of Minas Tirith opened just enough to let Faramir in. Then Meldiriel waited next to Gothmog. They were waiting to see what Minas Tirith's plan of attack was. Since they weren't doing anything, Meldiriel decided to take action.

"Release the prisoners." ordered Meldiriel.

Catapults were released, letting go of the heads of the fallen soldiers. They were flying into the air, only to fall down on the other side of Minas Tirith's wall. Then the orcs started firing big boulders of rock at the city. Meldiriel looked up at the top of Minas Tirith, where she saw the steward standing. She smiled at him. The steward of the city ordered a retreat, then he disappeared from her vision. Meldiriel knew that the white wizard, Gandalf, would try his best to defend Minas Tirith.

Minas Tirith began firing back at the orc army

Minas Tirith began firing back at the orc army. Meldiriel held her ground next to Gothmog, while other orcs tried to dodge the boulders. Some did not succeed though. 

"So Gothmog, are you ready to test your skills in battle?" asked Meldiriel.

"Yes, I do not flee from a threat, my lady." replied Gothmog.

"Well now is the time to see if that is true." said Meldiriel.

There was a huge white brick boulder coming straight toward Gothmog. Meldiriel remained standing where she was, while she followed the boulder with her eyes. She knew that it was headed straight to Gothmog. He did not move for awhile, but once he felt that it was close enough, he moved out of the way.

"I guess it wasn't true after all." smirked Meldiriel.

The Witch-King eventually joined the party. He was riding a fell-beast. He was hurting the people's ears of Minas Tirith with his screeching scream. The fell-beast were destroying the catapults of the city. Orcs had made their way into the city, killing every man who stood in their way.

"Break down the gate." ordered Meldiriel.

The orcs were making their way to the gate of Minas Tirith, with a big tool that would destroy the gate.

When the gate of Minas Tirith had been breached, both sides of good and evil collided

When the gate of Minas Tirith had been breached, both sides of good and evil collided. The people are terrified. Both sides were fighting each other. Men and orcs were killed. There was no way to be certain of which side would win. And the kingdom was on fire and broken. Meldiriel felt bad for what she was doing. She didn't want to fight for a side that stood for evil. She wanted to help, but she didn't know how.

When the morning of the next day came, the soldiers of Rohan had arrived

When the morning of the next day came, the soldiers of Rohan had arrived. They stood on a hill, looking down at the army of orcs. Meldiriel was so happy to see Rohan come to Minas Tirith's aid. She turned her horse in their direction and waited for them to attack.

Meldiriel had her hand hovering over both of her elvish swords, waiting for Rohan to come, so that she could make her move in helping the right side for her

Meldiriel had her hand hovering over both of her elvish swords, waiting for Rohan to come, so that she could make her move in helping the right side for her. Later on, the army of Rohan came charging at the orcs. The orcs were shooting arrows at the Rohan army, but not even that could stop them. The army simply kept coming, causing the orcs to be scared. Meldiriel took out her swords and started killing the orcs around her. She sliced the heads of the orcs, while she rode her horse in all sorts of directions. Everything was going good, until more men showed up. The only problem was that the men were poisoned by Sauron. They rode elephants that were used to kill. Meldiriel was growing sick of this madness. She put her swords away and took out her bow. She drew an arrow and fired it at one of the elephants heads, causing the elephant to fall down dead.

It later came to Meldiriel's attention that Legolas was not here. She looked around hoping to find him, but he was no where to be seen.

"Oh Legolas, where are you?" whispered Meldiriel.