Chapter 26

By the time Meldiriel reached Osgiliath, the Witch-King's army had already taken it from the soldiers of Minas Tirith. She told her set of soldiers to fan out and guard Osgiliath. Then she galloped her horse through Osgiliath. She passed many orcs, who were getting ready to breech Minas Tirith. Meldiriel also passed many dead bodies. They were the soldiers of Minas Tirith that were lying dead on the ground.

Meldiriel hopped off her horse and walked up a set of stairs, that looked like they could not hold much weight. When she was at the top she saw the Witch-King sitting on a fell-beast. There was also an orc general, whose body was crippled on one side. The orcs name was Gothmog. Meldiriel stood between the Witch-King and Gothmog. All three of them looked out at the kingdom of Minas Tirith.

"Well done breaking Minas Tirith's defenses

"Well done breaking Minas Tirith's defenses." complimented Meldiriel. 

"I told you, my army is nothing compared to Saruman's." said the Witch-King.

"We shall see, Witch-King." replied Meldiriel.

The Witch-King of Angmar gave orders to Gothmog to start his attack on the kingdom of Minas Tirith. Gothmog went down the steps, leaving Witch-King and Meldiriel alone. She stood tall and did not look at Witch-King. She needed to remain strong, so that she wouldn't show Witch-King her weak side. Every thing was quite between them. Both of them simply looked out at Minas Tirith.

The Witch-King eventually broke the silence by saying, "I have waited a long time for this moment."

"What moment?" asked Meldiriel.

"The day that the good of Middle Earth would fall, and evil will rise." explained the Witch-King.

Meldiriel didn't know what to say. She didn't feel the same way anymore. What was once good to her, was now bad. Meldiriel didn't know what to do, or what her opinion was on anything. She remained quiet and the Witch-King noticed it. He turned to look at her. Meldiriel remained looking straight.

"It is only a matter of time before evil prevails, and then we will be the future leaders after your father." said the Witch-King.

Just before Meldiriel could reply to Witch-King, there was a small army of soldiers from Minas Tirith. They were riding horses toward the city of Osgiliath. When the army started charging toward Meldiriel and the orcs direction, the orcs took their aim and fired arrows at the small army.

She knew very well that the army would fall

She knew very well that the army would fall. They didn't have the numbers and their plan of attack was weak. There was nothing they could do to change the balance of good and evil. Meldiriel thought it was odd that they would even try. It was almost like they were throwing their lives away for nothing. The orcs started moving in their weapons and supplies that would help them over the wall of Minas Tirith.

Meldiriel was pretty sure that Minas Tirith would not make it without the help of Rohan. So if they did not come to Minas Tirith's aid then they would for sure fail to defeat the evil that was headed their way.