Chapter 22

The battle for Helms Deep had ended and the men of Rohan had won. Meldiriel put her swords back in their holsters and started riding up the hill. She needed to go before she would be spotted by Gandolf or the king of Rohan. But before she would disappear over the hill, Legolas came riding over to her. Meldiriel stopped and waited for Legolas to catch up to her.

"Manna (where) are you going?" asked Legolas.

"I must return to my side, for now." replied Meldiriel.

"But am man (why)?" added Legolas.

"It is the side that I must fight with."

"Then why did you help us?"

Meldiriel thought for a minute. Legolas brought up some good points, on why she was fighting for her father, but yet helping them in the process. She looked up at Legolas and said, "I don't know."

She started riding her horse up the hill again, while Legolas watched her go on top of the hill. She stopped before fully going over the hill. Then she looked back at Legolas.

"Galu (Good luck) Legolas." yelled Meldiriel from the top of the hill.

She rode over the hill, disappearing from Legolas's sights.

"Novaer (farewell)." whispered Legolas.

Meldiriel galloped her horse across the lands of different kingdoms. She was to report back to Mordor and tell her father of what has happened. She couldn't waist any time because she knew that soon Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, and Theoden would soon ride to Isengard and use Saruman to tell them what her father's plans are.

When she finally arrived outside the lands of Mordor, she walked her horse over to the gate. The gate keeper orcs opened the gate, just enough for her to ride in.

Then, when she was inside, she cantered her horse in the direction of her father's tower

Then, when she was inside, she cantered her horse in the direction of her father's tower. It was a fairly long ride, especially when you had orcs blocking your path every way you went. Her father's tower was very big and it had his eye at the top of it, so that he could see everything going on inside of Mordor.

Meldiriel had finally arrived at the tower, so she slowed her horse down into a trot

Meldiriel had finally arrived at the tower, so she slowed her horse down into a trot. She rode up the tower a little ways, then hopped off her horse. An orc came up to her so she gave the orc her horses reigns. Then she walked into the tower. She had to ascend many stairs, so that she could reach a patio that would be close enough to talk to her father.

She walked out onto the patio and bowed to greet her father. His eye was focused on her. She did not look straight into it or she would be intimidated by him.

"Hello father

"Hello father." greeted Meldiriel.

Her father remained quiet when she greeted him.

"What do you have to report?" asked her father in the weirdest of languages.

Her father didn't have much of a voice. It was more like Nazgul's, where they screech or almost whisper when they speak.

"The battle of Helms Deep has failed. Isengard's army has been extinguished and Saruman has locked himself in a tower to avoid contact with the trees." informed Meldiriel. "Not to mention that soon the fighters of good will soon be arriving at his front door."

Her father was furious.

"Travel to Isengard, if Saruman does indeed talk, cut him loose." ordered her father.

"Will do, father." said Meldiriel.

She walked back into the tower and went back down the stairs. She ran outside, grabbed the reigns from the orc and hopped on her horse. She trotted her horse down the tower's path, until they were back on the path. She stopped her horse and yelled, "Norro (run) to Isengard, Durion."

Meldiriel's horse galloped on the path as fast as it could. Meldiriel was trying to catch up with Legolas and his friends, so that she can follow behind them to Isengard. She was slowed down by the gate, but then regained time by galloping all the way to Legolas and his friends position. She was actually hoping that Saruman would talk because then she would get the chance to kill him. She never liked Saruman and she always dreamed of making him pay with his life. So if he did indeed talk, Meldiriel would silence him, forever.