Chapter 18

Meldiriel was below the cliff that Aragorn had fallen from. She was riding on the side of the river, while she followed the stream from which Aragorn would be carried. At first, she saw nothing, but then she saw a brown horse in front of her. It was riding in the same direction as she was. Meldiriel realized that the horse was trying to find Aragorn, so she followed the horse. When they finally made it to the end, Meldiriel saw Aragorn lying down on the ground. The horse nuzzled Aragorn with the tip of its nose. Aragorn tried to get up, but he was to weak. So the horse laid down next to him, so that Aragorn could get on it. With Aragorn on its back, the horse stood up.

Meldiriel was on her horse, looking at Aragorn. He was shocked to see her standing in front of him. He thought at that moment that he was going to die, but it would already have been done.

"Pedil edhellen (do you speak elvish)?" asked a calm Meldiriel.

"No, pedin edhellen (yes, I speak elvish)." replied a shocked Aragorn.

"You took quite a fall, Aragorn. I was even surprised to see you alive."

"Who are you?" asked Aragorn.

"My name is not important at this time, but what is important is that you must return to Helms Deep before something else faces the people of Rohan." said Meldiriel.

Meldiriel rode her horse into a canter. She was heading in the direction of Helms Deep, so Aragorn followed her. He rode beside her the entire way. He was wondering why this black figure, a servant of Mordor was helping him.

Meldiriel looked back and saw that Aragorn was still barely holding on. She knew that Aragorn was still weak, so she slowed her horse down to a trot. Aragorn stopped beside her and looked at her.

"Why is a servant of Mordor helping me?" asked Aragorn.

Meldiriel turned to face Aragorn.

"I am no servant of Mordor." replied Meldiriel.

She kicked her horse into a gallop, while Aragorn rode behind her. She was trying to ride fast, so they could get the Helms Deep fast. But, she also didn't want to answer anymore of Aragorn's questions. When they finally made it, she stopped on the hill. Aragorn stopped with her.

"Take this trail to Helms Deep." said Meldiriel.

All of a sudden there was a noise coming from behind them. Meldiriel looked behind her and saw a massive army of Isengard orcs marching in the direction of Helms Deep. She instantly became scared for the people of Rohan. Not only that, but she was mad at the king of Rohan for fleeing instead of fighting. She turned back to Aragorn.

"You fools!" shouted Meldiriel.

Aragorn was worried as well. He knew that Rohan had no warning as to what was coming there way. They weren't even equipped for battle.

Meldiriel came closer to Aragorn.

"Aragorn, you must run fast and warn the people of Rohan of what is coming." said Meldiriel.

Aragorn nodded his head.

"Norro (run) Aragorn, Norro (run)!" said Meldiriel.

Aragorn rode his horse fast over to Helms Deep. Meldiriel; however, rode down to the orc arm.