Chapter 33

Meldiriel woke up and found herself laying down in a bed. She looked around and didn't see anything out of usual. She tried sitting up but then she gave up. Her body felt sore and weak. Then she heard footsteps coming in her direction. Meldiriel soon saw Legolas. He came over to her side and sat down on the edge of her bed.

"Easy Meldiriel, you are still very week." informed Legolas.

"Where am I? What happened?" asked a confused Meldiriel.

"You're in Rivendell and you are recovering." answered Legolas.

"What happened to me?"

"Lord Elrond said that your father was trying to grab onto you when he was dying. He wanted you to die with him, so he grabbed you by your heart in a magic sort of way. It caused you to have chest pains." explained Legolas.

Meldiriel knew that that sounded like her father. She was happy that it didn't work, though. She was safe in Rivendell, with Legolas. And her father would never bother her again.

"Le fael (thank you), Legolas." thanked Meldiriel.

Legolas smiled down at Meldiriel. He leaned down to her face and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. He was so happy that Meldiriel was still with him. 

"So what is next?" asked Meldiriel.

"Well, I was hoping you would join me when I go home to Mirkwood." said Legolas.

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to come with me to Mirkwood, Meldiriel. I want you and I to be together." explained Legolas.

Meldiriel couldn't help herself. She was so happy that she let out a big smile. Her cheeks became rosy from blushing. Her heart started to race faster and faster. For once in her life, Meldiriel knew she was happy. She didn't have to worry about following her fathers orders, or fighting for something that didn't seem right. For the first time, Meldiriel was herself.

***

Aragorn's Coronation or Crowning

There were many people who came to Minas Tirith to witness the crowning of the rightful king of Gondor. There were many from all around Middle Earth. Dwarves, elves, men, and hobbits.

Meldiriel was standing next to Legolas, while they watched the crown of Gondor being placed on top of Aragorn's head

Meldiriel was standing next to Legolas, while they watched the crown of Gondor being placed on top of Aragorn's head. She smiled when the crown was on his head. She knew at that moment that Gondor would have a good king again, who could prevent bad from coming. Aragorn turned around to everyone who had come to see this moment. He was dressed in silver armor with a cape on the back, and the crown on his head.

Aragorn walked over to Legolas

Aragorn walked over to Legolas. They smiled at each other and Aragorn put his hand on Legolas's shoulder. Then he turned to Meldiriel. They stared at each other for a moment, then Aragorn smiled at her.

 They stared at each other for a moment, then Aragorn smiled at her

"Le fael (thank you), Meldiriel." said Aragorn.

"U le fael (no thank you) Aragorn." replied Meldiriel. "If it wasn't for you, we may not be standing here today."

Aragorn gave Meldiriel a hug.

"Now, go live your life, the way you want to." whispered Meldiriel.

Aragorn was confused. He didn't know what Meldiriel meant, so he looked at Legolas. Legolas just smile at Aragorn, then gave him a sign with his eyes. Aragorn looked in the direction that Legolas was signaling him to. Then he saw Arwen moving out from behind a flag. Her father, Elrond, stood behind her smiling. Meldiriel was so happy to see the two of them together. Legolas put his arm around Meldiriel's waist and pulled her closer him. She looked up at him and smiled. For once, she was more than happy, she was at peace.