Chapter 1 : Unexpected Confrontations

I woke up to my alarm at 7:00 am. I gradually got up and washed up. I could hear my mom cooking in the kitchen.

I bet dad's still asleep. I opened up my closet and picked my uniform.

After buttoning the last button of my shirt, I then had the most difficult task ; searching for socks.

I was neatly braiding my hair when mom called me.

"Maeyoung-ah, come down. Breakfast is ready." She said.

"Ne, eomma. I'll be down in a minute." I said back.

I was running late.. again.

I quickly grabbed my bag and rushed down to the kitchen.

"7:45 am.. great. I have 10 minutes to finish my breakfast." I muttered to myself.

"What took you so long to get down here? You know, you're too slow." Mom nagged.

Yeah, Yeah.. I'm late again.

"Eomma, I'll be going now." I stood up and picked up my bag.

"Did you take your water bottle? I hope you didn't forget to take anything. Your handkerchief?" She looked concerned.

"Yes eomma. I took all my stuffs, now.. bye." I waved and ran off.

Yeah, being the only child, mom and dad are very protective of me. Very.

I ran up the stairs to reach the bus stop. On my way, I was greeted by a lot of people ; mostly, my neighbours.

I was obviously not a 'princess-adored-by-everyone', but the people in my neighbourhood were very kind to me. They'd greet me every time they see me.

It's the same for elders as well as younger people.

I guess, it's probably because of my parents. I mean, my mom and dad have a reputation in this place and people looked up to them.

It's not exactly the same for me.. people sure do treat me well and greet me. But, girls of my age..? They were all bitchy to me. I don't know why. Besides my bestfriends from school and my cousin sisters, I didn't hang out with much people.

I was lost in deep thought when I stumbled on a stone and almost hit a wall before regaining my balance.

I always hated myself for being so clumsy. "Arrrgghh.. it had to be me." I muttered under my breath and quickened my steps.

Within a few minutes, I reached the bus-stop. Thank God for long legs. I saw Taeyoung and her sisters talking.

"Taeyoung-ah.. " I waved.

"Annyeong Mrs.Jeon." she said with a smirk.

I scoffed in response.

Okay, there are only 5 people in this world who knows that I've been crushing on Jeon Wonwoo since the first day of school, i.e since 10 years back, and Lee Taeyoung turns out to be one of them.

I've tried a lot to get over him.. but, heck! I never succeeded.

"So.. did you guys chat yesterday?" Taeyoung smirked.

"A-ani.. why would we?" I looked away trying to hide my flushed face.

"Ey.. Jeong Maeyoung. I know something's definitely going on between Wonwoo and you right now okay?" She said, almost yelling.

I covered her mouth before she could say anything else.

"Yaish.. Lee Taeyoung. Keep it down, before I say Sungjae Sunbae's name out loud." I teased with a smirk.