Chapter 29 : Faith (신앙)

"Oh! Noona!" Taejun exclaimed as I walked inside.

I greeted his parents as Wonwoo did the same and sat down on the couch beside Wonwoo.

His mother turned to look at Wonwoo with a sad smile.

"Wonwoo-yah, I heard that your mother will be discharged tomorrow. Is she.. Happy?" Taejun's mother asked.

"She is. She's missing home now." He replied with a brief smile.

"Ah, what's your friend's name?" She shifted her gaze to me.

"I'm Maeyoung. We met a few days ago in the lobby." I reminded her with a smile.

"Right, right. We did. What happened to you? You don't look so well." She asked.

"She had a surgery." Wonwoo answered before me.

"Oh, how are you feeling now dear?" Taejun's mother asked.

"I'm feeling much better now." I replied.

We sat there talking to his parents for the next 20 minutes as little Taejun spoke up every once in a while.

I got to know so much about him, about his parents, and how Wonwoo met them.

In such a short amount of time, I felt so much closer to Taejun. The more I got to know, the more it hurt to see him on his bed.

"We're just hoping for a miracle now." Taejun's mother said, with sad eyes looking at him.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as my vision got blurry once again.

It was just so sad to see such a beautiful, young, pure soul suffering from something so evil.

Wonwoo seemed to notice this, as he gently intertwined our fingers and smiled down at me.

I leaned closer to him, squeezing his hand as a gesture to reassure him.

I've went through a roller coaster of emotions today and it felt like all I needed was him by my side.

I knew it then.

No matter how hard I tried, I knew I couldn't stop myself.

I had fallen deep for the man sitting beside me.

I love him. So fucking much.

I was pulled out from my chain of thoughts when I saw Wonwoo's expression change
into that of fear and heard Taejun's mother cry out for help.

Everything happened so quickly that I didn't know how to react.

I could see young Taejun's eyes slowly closing as blood oozed out from his mouth and nose.

I saw the nurses rush in as a doctor followed but I couldn't hear a thing.

Wonwoo pulled me up from my seat and took me out.

Everything was happening so quickly, yet to me, it seemed like life was being played in slow motion.

"Maeyoung-ah" Wonwoo shook me slightly.

"Eo" was all that escaped my mouth.

I didn't realize that my hands were shaking until Wonwoo got hold of them.

"I'll take you back to your room. Come on." He whispered as I obliged.

The walk back to my room seemed to take forever. Maybe it was because my knees felt weak. But I liked it.

Because Wonwoo was beside me.

"Maeyoung-ah." He called out.

I looked up, waiting for him to speak.