Chapter 27 : Don't worry dear ( 걱정말아요 그데)

I woke up to the view of the hospital's white ceiling.

My throat felt hoarse and I couldn't talk.

I turned to my left and saw Sowon oppa busy on his phone.

"Water." I whispered.

He looked up from his phone and his face looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Baboya.. I said to pass me water." I repeated.

He quickly got up from his seat and brought me water. He gave it to me from a small silver spoon.

I swallowed it and asked for more.

"Where is eomma and appa?" I asked.

"They just walked out to get some fresh air. They've been sitting here with you the whole night. I'll go call them and inform the doctor that you're awake." He smiled, walking out.

Just how long have I been unconscious for?

"Maeyoung-ah.. You're awake." My parents walked in with smiles on their faces.

I nodded in response.

"It's a relief that you're awake now. Do you want anything? Water? Soup?" Eomma asked.

"Ani. I just had some water." I smiled.

"Here I brought you this." Appa took out a box.

I looked at him in confusion.

"I'll leave it here. Don't open it yet." He smiled, keeping the box by the bedside table.

I smiled at him. "Kumapda appa"

Okay, I guess this is what I like about being hospitalized. I was once hospitalized when I was about 7 because of viral fever and appa bought me a gift everyday to keep me entertained and happy.

Sowon oppa walked in with a doctor and a few nurses behind him.

"Maeyoung-sshi, how are you feeling now?" The doctor asked.

"I'm feeling great sonsaengnim. Just a little tired." I replied, smiling at him.

"It's nice to hear that. And don't worry you'll be feeling energized after a few minutes." He smiled down at me.

"Ne." I replied with a wry smile.

He continued talking to my parents about what I have to eat and what I had to avoid.

"Oppa, where's my phone?" I whispered.

"Oh, I kept it... Here." He rushed to the other side of the room and got me my phone.

"Kumao." 

I was honestly not surprised to see all the messages and missed calls from my friends. I considered replying all of them but decided against it.

I could always do that later.

My lips curved up into a small smile knowing that Wonwoo wouldn't be worried about my absence in school today.

We've known each other for so long now but I've never felt about him this way. I mean I've had a crush on him ever since but now that we're together, I find myself being more attracted towards him. It's like my feelings for him just keeps growing, and I'm afraid there's no stopping.

Sowon oppa and eomma stayed with me the whole day. I urged him to go back home and study because his finals were approaching but that stubborn little brat didn't budge.