Chapter 32 : Stand up

The recovery week lasted shorter than the craze of Pokémon Go had. Maybe because I had a list of dramas to watch and food to eat 24 hours.

I was going back to school tomorrow and I was feeling very uneasy. I had so much notes to write and so much to catch up to.

Thankfully, I hadn't heard from or about Sojin.

I haven't really thought of what I would do about her once I go back. I just hoped that she would stay away from my friends and family.

Mom and dad had to go to a meeting in the office, they would be back home late, Sowon oppa was giving his exam, so I was home with ahjummah.

She made snacks for the two of us and we had a lengthy conversation about the daughter of the previous family she worked for.

That girl was a psycho. I felt so sorry that ahjummah had to go through such a hard time when she was away from us.

Ahjummah had to go out to buy some groceries for us so I was left alone.

I locked myself up in my room and got ready to watch another drama. I really had to finish this one before eomma and appa are back home.

I had lost track of time watching it. It was getting to this really interesting part where the girl was about to confess her love to the second lead and I was way too excited because well yeah, second lead syndrome.

"Oppa, this is driving me cr--" she choked as I teared up.

Why am I so emotional?

I was praying that they'd end up together and break the stereotypical k-drama chain of the second lead sacrificing his love.

And then.

Dingdong. Dingdong.

I paused the drama and rolled my eyes. Why now?

I think ahjummah's back home.

I ran down in my ugly pyjama's and swollen eyes with tears still streaming down my cheeks to open the door.

"Ahjummah, did you lose your keys again? Aigoo, you're careless." I whined, wiping my tears with the back of my hands.

"Yah, why're you crying?"

I looked up to find a very worried looking Wonwoo.

"Oh! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" I asked, quickly wiping my tear stained cheeks.

"I came here to tell-- no, why are you crying though? Did something happen? Are you alright?" He asked again, taking my hands in his.

"I'm fine. I was just watching a drama. No biggie." I chuckled.

"That's a relief. I thought someone made you cry." He shook his head, smiling.

"Why are you here at this hour though? Are you skipping class?"

"No I'm not skipping." He said.

"Then why are you in your uniform mister?" I questioned with my eyebrows raised.

"Can I come in first?" He asked, motioning me to move.

"Eo, kheurae. Come on in." I closed the door after he walked in.

"What's the matter?" I asked as he sat down on the couch.

"I have a good news. Are you home alone?" He looked distracted.

"Wonwoo-yah. Cut to the chase. What is it?" I asked, turning towards him.

"I.. Well, the thing is. I got accepted." He said very calmly.