Chapter 21 : Because of me? [ 나 때문에?]

Hopeless Romance ranked #896
P.s - brace yourselves. I'm throwing clichés at y'all.

×××

"Alright. You sound great. Keep it up and I'll see you all next Sunday." Our choir director smiled at us brightly.

"Khamsahabnida." We all said politely and bowed.

"You can go now." She said, gesturing us to walk out.

"Ne." We all yelled in unison and walked out in a line.

I always feel better when I sing with the church choir. I get this feeling of comfort and happiness and freedom whenever I perform with them.

I guess it's because we've all grown up together attending Sunday school learning about God and we just know so much about each other.

"Annyeong Maeyoung-ah." A friend waved at me.

"Annyeong. See you next Sunday." I waved back at her.

The church was not far from my house so I decided to walk back instead of calling my father to pick me.

I dropped by at Siah eonnie's place for a while before continuing my journey back home.

"I'm home." I announced as I took off my heels and ran up to my room.

I took a quick shower and changed into something presentable.

I wonder why Wonwoo needs to see me so urgently? Maybe he wants to talk to me about the agreements of the entertainment companies which Chanyeol oppa talked about.

I let out a deep breath and walk downstairs.

"E-eomma.. Can I go hang out with a friend? I'll be back soon, I promise. Please?" I pursed my lips, waiting for my mothers response.

"Mm.." She hummed, nodding.

Wait. Since when did my mother give me permission to go out without me crying?

"I can go?"

"Yes" she turned around, smiling.

Woah. Am I dreaming?

"Who are you going out with, though?"

Aha. There it is.

"Erm.. Actually." Should I just be honest and tell--oh screw it.

"Wonwoo."

"What?"

Yeah, yeah. She's not going to let me go and I'll have to apologize to him and bleh.

"Sure. Would you please give this to him? Tell him that it's for his mother."

I almost choked when she said that.

"Oh.. Okay. Yeah, I will." I took the bag from her.

"I'll get going now. Bye eomma." I waved, running out of the house before she could change her mind.

I ran up to the intersection where Wonwoo asked me to wait for him.

I took out my phone to call him but he jumped out in front of me before I could.