Chapter 36 : I win

It has been two weeks since Mission BKSJ was carried out and everyone has felt more at peace since then.

Sojin faced a medical trial and she was declared unfit for studying in a public environment, and so she was sent to the asylum where she would not only get a treatment, but education too.

We were all very thankful to Seungcheol's sister who helped us with all of this.

Preparations for the upcoming sports week and the much awaited basketball match against Genie High were on full swing.

We were more concerned about this event than our exams which would follow right after.

Genie High was placed on the second rank in the whole of Korea, just below us and we had to make sure to stay up on the top.

Losing the match could be a huge disadvantage to us since we had heard of how hard the students from Genie High had been practicing.

Nara eonnie looked more stressed than I had ever seen her. She was the team captain and she had to make sure that team was in great shape.

Because of my surgery, I was asked to rest as much as I could. She said that the team did need me but she couldn't risk my health.

I assured her that I had already taken enough rest and I really wanted to play.

This match meant a lot to all of us.

We were all confident of the boy's victory and so we also wanted to make them equally proud.

I told eomma that I'd be home late for practice and since Sowon oppa was also staying back to practice, I had company.

Wonwoo left right after school ended for his practice. He insisted that he'd come back to walk me home but I told him not to.

After almost 3 hours of endless practice, we called it a day and packed to go back home.

Wonwoo didn't answer my call and he didn't show up either. He's probably really busy with his practices and I didn't want to disturb him, so I decided to head back home with Sowon oppa instead.

The same routine continued for the whole week. Wonwoo and I didn't get to spend much time together but he had been working really hard and I was too.

It didn't bother me at all that we hadn't spent any quality time together for the last few days because after my surgery and the life threatening mission, our relationship had moved into a much deeper level of trust and understanding.

We would sing each other to sleep at times and just be happy to be able to at least talk after the extremely tiring days.

The basketball match would be taking place tomorrow and just like me, the rest of the team members were also really excited and nervous. Our school's group chats were being spammed with the students wishing us good luck and asking us to let the school keep the trophy and title for one more year.

It wasn't going to be an easy one. Genie High has been practising since the beginning of the school year and rumour has it, that all their players are hoping to be selected for the national team after this match.

I don't know about the rest, but Nara eonnie and Taeyoung would be selected for sure. I could guarantee that.

I don't even know how fast the night passed and the sun was already up. I quickly took a shower, got ready, packed my bag, ate a light breakfast and waited for Sowon oppa to leave.

Eomma and appa both wished us the best of luck and told us that they'd love to stop by later to watch the match if time permitted.

With that, Sowon oppa and I left for school, both feeling equally pressured.