Chapter 28 : Tell me what is love

"Maeyoung-ah."

His eyes scanned over my clothes.

"Why are you wearing the hospi-- did you lie to me?"

Hurt and confusion filled his eyes.

"I.. I can explain." I stuttered, standing up.

"Okay kid, let's go somewhere and give time to these lovebirds to talk for a while." Sowon oppa said from behind and took Taejun somewhere else.

Wonwoo didn't say a word and continued staring at me.

I tried to walk over to him but I found it too difficult to walk and tripped.

Wonwoo caught me in one swift movement and sat me down on the bench.

"What happened to you? Why didn't you answer my calls? What's wrong?"

"I.. Had a minor surgery."

"What surgery?"

"Well, I uh.. My liver was damaged from the accident in school so they had to operate it." I closed my eyes tightly after saying that, waiting for some loud curses from Wonwoo's mouth.

But they never came.

I slowly opened my eyes to see him staring at me.

"I swear thats the trut--"

"How are you feeling now? Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? Are you even supposed to be out from bed now?"

I smiled at this.

"I'm feeling a lot better now, just a little weak."

"You had me worried sick you know." He said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you about this." I said.

"Why.. Why didn't you? Am I not important enough for yo--"

"God, no Wonwoo. You are important to me. You're very important to me. I just.. I couldn't bring myself to tell you because I, I didn't want you to get worried.. I knew you were stressed out because of your practice, the auditions and your mom's health. I just didn't want to add up to your worries.. I'm sorry."

He closed his eyes for a moment and let out a sigh.

"No.. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted this way. You're going through a hard time yourself." He paused to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. "And don't ever think that you're adding up to my problems, you can tell me anything, I'll be here for you. Just don't, don't ever keep something like this from me and switch off your phone for hours.. You got me worried sick. I even ran to your house." He pouted.

I cupped his cheeks with my hand and squished them. "I promise, I won't."

He mirrored my actions and leaned in to peck my lips.

I smiled at this, shaking my head.

"How are you though?" His smile faded.

"I already told you, I'm fine now. The surgery went well and everything is fine. And now that you're here, I think I'm feeling better than earlier." I patted his cheeks before letting go of them.

"Why didn't you tell m-- your friends? Or did they lie to me too?"

"I didn't tell anyone about this. Because.. I knew you all already disliked Sojin and if you found out that I was getting a surgery because of what happened at school, I thought maybe things wouldn't turn out well. Who knows, Seoyeon, Hyori and Taeyong could've beaten her up." I said, raising my eyebrows.