Chapter 30 : In the name of Love

"Maeyoung-ah, are you sure you've packed all your things?" Appa asked.

"Hmm." I nodded.

It had been exactly four days since Taejun was shifted to the ICU. Wonwoo's mother had also been discharged three days ago.

Wonwoo came by to visit me everyday and we both made sure to pay Taejun a visit too. We'd sit there talking to Taejun's mother for hours and then spend some time together in the park outside.

Ever since Wonwoo and I confessed our "love" for each other, it feels like we have grown together since then.

We have grown more understanding, more loving, more caring and also, I think mom and dad knows about us.

I'm not scared though. If they ask me, I'll tell them the truth. I know my parents are strict, but they'll understand. I know they will.

"Khajah." Eomma said, patting my back.

"Okay." I smiled, stretching out my hands before letting out a deep breath and walking out.

I could've been discharged a few days back but the doctors wanted to keep under observation for some time.

But I was finally going back home today and I cannot wait to lay down in my bed.

"Ah, cham. Eomma, can i go see Taejun one last time? Jebal.." I pleaded.

"Okay, but be quick. We'll be down in the car." She said, taking the bag from my hand.

"Thank you." I mouthed before turning on my heels and running towards the ICU.

"Maeyoung. You're here." Taejun's mother smiled when I walked inside.

I nodded in response. "How is he?" I asked.

She gave me a sad smile at this. "Still the same." She shrugged.

"Don't worry. He'll be fine. I know that for sure. I always keep him in my prayers and I know God will listen to them one day or the other." I said as I walked closer to his bed.

I stroked his cheeks before taking out the bookmark which I received from the church group the other night from my pocket and handed it to his mother.

Her tears fell when she read it and she pulled me into a hug. I gently patted her back and waited for her to calm down.

"Thank you so much." She said, wiping her tears with the back of her hands.

"It's okay. Anyways, my parents might be waiting for me now. I'm going home now. But I promise to come and visit. Please take care." I patted her hands one final time before walking out of the room and heading to the parking lot.

I got in the car and plugged in my headphones. Goodbye hospital. Goodbye boredom. Goodbye stress!

As we drove off, I thought of yesterday. My whole class came to visit me, and I was very surprised because I hadn't told any of my friends about my condition except Wonwoo.

Turns out, Taeyoung, Hyori and Seoyeon threatened Wonwoo to tell them whatever information he had of my whereabouts since I had been missing school and I wasn't responding to their calls and messages either.

And that idiot couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Anyhow, it had been many days since I had last seen all of them so I was glad to see their annoying faces. Also, I kind of missed making fun of them.

Eomma turned around to face me and mouthed something but I couldn't understand because I still had my headphones on.

I removed them quickly. "What?"