Chapter 33 : Too cool for school

"Everyone, welcome her back with a round of applause." Jaesuk seonsaengnim announced as I stood there in embarrassement.

My classmates cheered with wide grins on their faces as I glared at them gritting my teeth.

It's not like I'm a new student. And I didn't really like the attention I was receiving at the moment.

If only I hadn't woke up late I could've made it to school on time and avoid this extremely embarrassing situation.

"Please go take your seat." He smiled.

"Neh." I replied with a tight smile and rushed to my seat.

Classes went on normally. I found myself zoning out quite a few times. It was only during recess that I noticed that Seoyoung was absent and the other girls weren't hyped up like usual.

If this has anything to do with Sojin, I swear to God she will face a hard time.

"Yah, did you guys have another fight while I was gone?" I teased, sipping my milkshake.

No one responded.

"Here you go." Hyori handed me some books.

I looked down in confusion. It was Seoyoung's notes. I'm forever indebted to that girl. She always writes extra notes for me when I'm absent.

"Oh thank you. Why's she absent though?" I asked looking up at them.

"She's gone." Hyori spoke up.

"Eh?"

"She left for the States. Just this morning." She informed.

"Maldo andwae." I chuckled.

"She's not going to leave without informing me. She's probably absent because she had to pack and stuff. Don't over think." I patted her back and continued sipping.

"Right? I told them so, but they won't believe me!" Ahri said in frustration.

And then, everybody in the table started reasoning and it got too loud for me to understand.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I banged the table.

"Why? Drama follows everywhere you go huh?" I heard a little voice behind me.

I turned to see Sojin standing with her hands on her waist.

"Kim. So. Jin." I forced a smile.

"What did I tell you about coming near my friends?" I glared at her.

She shrugged. "You think you're too cool for school right? Faking your injury and then your surgery and being absent for all these days. Taking Seoyoung's notes, making Wonwoo skip school and come to your house. And now that you're back? Everyone's around you and you're receiving all the attention. Are you happy?" She asked with a smile. Her eyes were wide and they screamed danger.

I knew something was wrong with her. She was not mentally healthy.

She was obviously stalking Wonwoo too, seeing how she knew that he came over.

My friends had all stood up now, ready to shut her up. I looked back and gestured them to stay quiet.

"Really? Is that all you got? Tsk, tsk, tsk." She laughed.

The students around us noticed the commotion and quietly stared at us.

"Let the kids have their lunch in peace. Let's take this outside." I smirked.

She frowned immediately, as if she was not expecting me to respond.

I led the way to the garden next to the school ground as my friends and Sojin followed.