Chapter 31 : Home

We waited in the car till the recess bell rang and made our way to my classroom when it did.

The students at the hallways stared at us, whispering to each other.

But I was too excited to be bothered by that. "How do I look?" I asked Yuna eonnie, fixing my hair before I opened the door.

"Quite human." She commented.

I snorted at this, chuckling.

I suddenly felt butterflies in my stomach. "Remind me why I'm nervous again?" I asked them.

"You don't have to be. It's not like you're auditioning to be their classmate. You've literally grown up with these people." Sowon Oppa commented, pushing me.

I know right.

"Eh." I shrugged, opening the door and peeking inside.

Most of the people were busy minding their own business. There were my friends sitting in a circle, then the rest of the boys who were, well I really don't know what they were doing because they seemed to be playing cricket? Without a bat and a ball. Air cricket? Or was it baseball? Hard to tell.

Then there was Wonwoo sitting alone in the corner, earphones plugged in, looking out of the window.

I smiled when I spotted him. But the smile disappeared quickly when someone poked me in the shoulder.

"You're back." She smiled at me, but her eyes were twitching.

"Yes I am, So Jin." I mirrored her smile.

I regretted as soon as I spoke her name because Yuna eonnie looked like she was about to pounce on her any minute soon.

I gestured Sowon oppa to hold her down till I finished this conversation.

"Is this the bi--" Sowon Oppa covered her mouth with his hand.

"We'll be waiting there." He said, taking her a few feet away from us.

I mouthed a silent apology to eonnie.

"How are you back so fast? I thought your kidneys were damaged."

"Oh you wish they were. But they're completely fine you see. I'm quite strong." I said in a high-pitched voice, which also sounded quite foreign to me.

"Tch. Don't be overconfident. Anything could happen." She gave me a tight lipped smile and walked away.

For a split second, I regretted the fact that I let Sowon oppa take Yuna eonnie away from me.

What is the deal with this Sojin?

By now, they whole class was staring at me in silence. "Annyeong?"  I waved, with an oafish smile.

"MAEYOUNG-AH!" My friends yelled as they all ran towards me.

I took a step back, distancing myself. "Be careful." I warned as they all stopped on their tracks.

"Yah, gijibae! You didn't tell us that you were coming back today!" Seoyoung yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry? I wanted to surprise you." I said, in my defense.

"Eung, whatever. Are you coming for full classes tommorow?" She asked, excitedly taking my hand.

I shook my head no. "Next week." I informed as all the class clapped in excessive joy.

"Mwoya? You guys prefer class without me?" I faked a pout.

"Ani keugeo aniya. You'll understand this only next week when you come to class." Hoshi explained as all of them nodded in agreement.