Chapter 22 : Lost

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo eo- eommonim." He greeted my mother the moment he entered the room.

"Wonwoo-yah, you're back? I just came by to visit your mother. How are you?" Eomma asked with a smile.

"I'm doing great eommonim. Thank you for asking." He replied with a sheepish smile.

His eyes widened the moment he saw me and Sowon oppa sitting in the couch and I bit back a laughter seeing his expression.

"M-maeyoung-ah.." He stuttered.

"H-hi.." I awkwardly waved.

"Sunbae." He greeted Sowon oppa with a curt nod and walked towards the other end of the couch that we were sitting in.

"It's nice to see the two of you like this. You know, when you're not arguing." Wonwoo's mother stated, leaving me confused.

"Oh, did I mention that Wonwoo would always get frustrated and fussy whenever the two of you get into an argument and would rant about it to everyone in the house." Wonwoo's mother said while grinning smugly.

And as usual, being the extremely awkward person that I am I replied with an "Ehehe.. Khuraeyo?" Followed with an oafish smile.

I smirked victoriously at Wonwoo when he playfully glared at his mother.

But deep down inside I felt all giddy. Wonwoo really did that? Haha, after our arguments I would usually just switch off my phone throw the blankets over my head and sleep. And I never told anyone at home about--

"Arguments?" Eomma looked confused. And so did Sowon oppa and Wonwoo's younger brother.

"Oh, I remember. Back when Maeyoung was younger, she would come back home with a frown on her face and whenever I asked her what happened, she would reply saying that she had a fight with the same boy and that everything he does gets on her nerve. So this 'boy' you talked about all the time was Wonwoo?" Eomma laughed nostalgically.

And the only thing that I wanted to do at the moment was crawl under a rock and stay there till I die from hunger. I mean seriously. These stuff are not meant to be said out loud in public. But you know that's not how parents work.

They will stop at no cost to embarrass you with stupid stories of your stupid childhood.

And now, it was Wonwoo's turn to smirk.

"Oh, Maeyoung-ah. You talked about me all the time?" He said with a fake smile.

"No." I faked a smile. "Eomma is just exaggerating." I shot a glare at my mother to which she responded with a chuckle.

"Aigoo. These idiots. When are they ever going to realise?" Wonwoo's mother said.

Realise what?

"I'll stay here with your mother for awhile, why don't you kids go grab something to eat." Eomma suggested.

"A-ani. Kwhench--" I was cut off by the sound of my growling stomach.

"Yes I think we should." Wonwoo chuckled as I attempted to hide my face from embarrassment.

Ohgawd. Dammit.