Chapter 18 : Pretty You {너 예쁘다}

My eyes shot back open after realizing what Eomma just told me. I hesitantly grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts, stopping right before Wonwoo's name showed up.

Should I really call him? What if he's asleep? No way, he wouldn't have reached home by now would he?

After a few seconds of mentally debating over that, I decided to call him.

He answered after a few seconds. "Erm.. Y-yeoboseyo? Oh. Wonwoo-yah, uh.. Have you reached home?" I asked.

"Uh.. Ani. I'm still on my way."

An ear-piercing scream of a girl was heard after that. What the?

"Yah! Jeon Wonwoo.. What was that?"

My heart was beating rapidly.

What if something happened to.. No, no. No way.

"Maeyoung-ah, I gotta go. Uh, I'll call you when I reach home okay?"

"Tch. Waegurae? What's wrong?" I asked again.

"I'll tell you when I reach home. Okay? I really have to go." He sounded desperate.

"Oh.. Um, khurae. Just call me when you reach home then. Bye."

I was disappointed. Angry. Scared.

Who just screamed? Is Wonwoo in trouble?

I laid back down on my bed, eyes still wide open. I can't sleep. There's just too much going on inside my mind. First, there's this happiness and excitement of Wonwoo's confession and then that ear-piercing scream of a girl.. Wonwoo not wanting to tell me about it. Ugh.

What should I do?

I gradually got up, hearing a knock on the door.

As I opened the door, Soowon oppa came running in. "Mwoya?"

He pouted. "Let's talk.."

"About what?!" I groaned, closing the door behind me and jumping on to my bed.

Soowon oppa grabbed a pillow from my bed and sat down on the other end of my bed.

"Oppa.. We have school to attend tomorrow. Go get some rest."

I know my brother isn't the studious type of student but I'm really happy that he's trying his best.

"She's leaving." He softly said, playing with his fingers.

"She? Oppa.. Who are you talking about?" I scooted closer to him.

"My girlfriend." He sadly smiled.

"Where is she going?" I asked.

"Away. Away from here. She's moving to another country." He covered his face with his hands.

"God. I don't even.. How.. What.. Damn it." He pulled the pillow from my grasp and started punching it lightly.

"Oppa.. I don't.. Where is she.. I mean, why is she going?" I finally asked.

"Studies of course. She said that she's scared if.. You know, we'd just drift apart. And I'm scared too.." He met my gaze and that's when I realised that his eyes we're teary.

"Aww.." I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his shoulders, wrapping my arms around his waist.

They say, a guy only cries for a girl if he really loves her. And maybe he does.

"Do you think she and I would drift apart?" He asked.

Okay. It is rare for Soowon Oppa to be crying in front of me. I mean, yes. I've seen him cry when we were younger but that was because his mom scolded him for beating up a bunch of kids, or for just being careless. But this time, it was different.