Chapter 13 : Awkward

So.. Wonwoo walked me back home today as we got detained by our Math teacher, because we were late in his class, and thus, missed our busses.

The walk was pretty much awkward when both of us didn't have anything to say.

Honestly, arguing with him was much better. No, I'm just kidding. I like it this way.

"So.. Maeyoung-ah, what should we do first?" He asked, kicking a pebble.

"I don't know. Not a relationship expert either." I replied, chuckling.

"I think you should talk to Saemi noona. You guys are really close right?" He asked.

"Yeah.. we are. You should also talk to Mingyu, I think he's going through a hard time."

Tsk, I feel bad seeing Mingyu like this. I know, him and Seoyoung liked each other but then Seoyoung started dating another guy. And Mingyu fell for Saemi eonnie. He always showed us the energetic, happy and positive side of him, and that's why I feel bad, seeing him hurt.

"Yeah, yeah I will." He replied.

And then the awkward silent moment continued.

As we were walking by the footpath, some kids came running towards us by the other side. The last one among them was really clumsy. I mean, based on how he fell face flat in front of us.

I bit back my laughter and helped him up.

"Cute.. " I heard Wonwoo mumbled.

"What is?" I asked, as the kid thanked us and ran after his friends.

"What?" He asked.

"I just heard you mumbling the word cute. So I'm asking what is?"

"Uh, uh.. that. I mean, those girls over there." He said, pointing behind me.

I turned around and found a bunch of girls, giggling and eating lollipops.

They're cute. Very pretty, actually. Such a pity that they're covering their beautiful faces with layers of make-up.

"Hmm.. " I hummed back in response.

"So. Which one do you like?" I asked him with a smirk.

At least, if I get to know who he likes, I might be able to move over him.

"None." He said, chuckling and walking ahead.

"Wonwoo-yah, where are you going? My house is here." I said, pointing to the house in front of us.

He rubbed his nape and walked back towards me.

"I was just.. I was going to visit a friend nearby." He reasoned.

"Oh really? Which friend of yours are you talking about? I know a lot of kids from this neighbourhood.. maybe I'll know that friend of yours." I smirked.

Its so fun to tease him.

"Ey. Nevermind. Goodnight, get inside now. Hurry." He said, pushing me inside.

Just as I took a step closer to my house, my mother opened the door wide open.

I gulped. What if she finds out that he walked me home. Nah.. I don't have to worry about it, I mean.. it's not like we're dating or something.

"Oh, Wonwoo-yah. Did you walk her home today?" Eomma asked.

She asked him-- Wait. How does she know his name? How does she know him!?

I quickly turned back to face Wonwoo.

"Annyeonghaseyo eommonim. Yes, we missed our busses so I walked her home today." He replied, smiling.