Chapter 9 : Arrivederci..? (잘가..)

"Go out with me" Chanyeol said.

Maeyoung's head jerked up in astonishment.

"Huh?" She questioned.

"No, no. Don't get me wrong, I mean.. go out with me for another date." Chanyeol said and rubbed his nape while looking down.

"S-sure. When?" Maeyoung asked with a smile.

Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief and smiled.

"Next Saturday.. will you be free?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess I will be.." Maeyoung softly replied.

"Alright.. I'll text you the time." Chanyeol said and pursed his lips when he realised what he had said.

"Text? Do you have my number?" Maeyoung asked, slightly confused.

"Uh, yeah.. I got it from a friend." Chanyeol said.

"Friend? Oh well.. alright, I should get going." Maeyoung said and waved awkwardly while walking out.

"Maeyoung-ah.. should we go together? I'll walk you home." Chanyeol offered.

"Ani, kwhenchanayo oppa. I still have some work to do.." Maeyoung reasoned and walked towards her classroom.

I don't think it's safe to leave her alone here.. Chanyeol thought.

Maeyoung walked inside the class and found her classmates sitting in a circle as Seungkwan and Seungcheol explained about the plans.

"Maeyoung-ah! How long did you take in the washroom! You're late! Come and sit down. Here!" Seungkwan said, pointing at an vacant spot.

Maeyoung quickly ran towards it and sat down.

She turned to her left and saw Wonwoo. Heol. I'm sitting next to him?!

She turned the other side and saw Joshua. Phew, it's Josh. She thought and scooted closer to him.

"What took you so long? Seungkwan would have killed you if you came any later." Joshua whispered and chuckled.

Maeyoung looked at him and chuckled.

"Okay, so.. Jeong Maeyoung, because you are late.. your punishment is to present a special number for Madam Choi tomorrow." Seungkwan said.

"What!? B-but.. "

"No buts! That's final.. also, you are incharge for the boys make-up." He continued.

"Wait. What? Boys make-up.? What do you mean?" She asked.

"You'll get to know tomorrow." Seungcheol said and smirked.

Maeyoung's brows furrowed.

"Alright. Everyone be here by 6 am sharp!" Seungkwan ordered as the others frowned and nodded.

"Class dismissed." Seungkwan yelled as the other students dragged their feet out.

"Taeyoung-ie, what else did you guys discuss?" Maeyoung asked.

"Incharge for the background art, incharge for food, incharge for cake, incharge for costumes, incharge for decorations.." she pointed at Maeyoung "incharge for special number and make-up." She finished.

"Seriously.. how could they put ME incharge for make-up!? Heck! I still can't apply an eyeliner properly yet!" She whined.

"Probably because you're good at art.." Taeyoung reasoned as they walked out of the school gate.

"But! Painting on a sheet of paper and painting on someone's face are different!" Maeyoung spat back.

"I don't think so.." a male voice said from behind, making Maeyoung flinch.