Chapter 24 : Danger (위험해)

"Maeyoung-ah catch!" Nara eonnie threw the ball towards me.

I jumped up to catch the ball and when the ball was this close from my reach, I was pushed back by someone elbowing me in my stomach.

I fell to the ground, gripping my stomach.

God.

I tried sitting up but the pain in the lower part of my stomach only intensified when I tried.

"Yah! Maeyoung-ah. Are you okay?" The girls ran towards me and helped me up.

I held on tightly to my stomach.

"Hey, newbie. You're off the team. Why'd you hit her?" Nara eonnie fumed.

I caught her lips curve up into a smirk before she quickly put on her innocent face for show.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt her. It was an accid--"

"Oh zip it." Seoyoung glared at Sojin, putting my arms around her shoulder for support.

"Guys. Calm down." I whispered.

"Take her to the infirmary. Quick. Seoyoung, I'll deal with her." Nara eonnie gave us an understanding nod as Seoyoung, Taeyoung and Jiyeon took me to the infirmary.

The nurse sprayed something over my stomach and the liquid stung when it came to contact with my skin, making me flinch.

The stinging sensation disappeared after three, four seconds and I felt the pain fading slowly.

"I recommend you go visit a doctor after school today. Take some tests and x-rays." The nurse gave me an uneasy smile.

"Ne, khamsahabnida." I bowed.

"Is she okay? Can she walk?" Wonwoo ran in.

I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling.

"Yes, you may take her back to class." She smiled at him.

"But." She turned to face me. "Rest properly and do not run or stretch before you go see a doctor." She commanded.

"Ne." I gave her an oafish smile.

She nodded and walked out, leaving me alone with Wonwoo.

"Baboya.." He gulped, sitting down beside me.

"Are you okay now? Does it still hurt?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

"I'm okay. It was just an accident. You know sometimes we get hurt when playing. It's all a part of the game." I squeezed his hand, reassuring him.

He nodded, but the anger, the concern in his expression still remained.

He turned to face me.

"You know.." He pushed a strand of my hair away from my face. "I don't think this was just an accident. I think she was trying to harm you." He exhaled, rubbing his temples.

"I swear.. " he gritted his teeth. "If she thinks of harming you again she will pa--" I pinched him.

"Oww. What was that for?" He winced.

"I told you. It was an accident. You're just overeacting about this." I tried standing up and smiled when I succeeded to.

"Besides.. I'm okay now. It's not like she can do anything to me." I smirked down at him.

He sighed, standing up beside me. "But that doesn't stop me from worrying about you." He said sternly.

God. This boy.