Chapter 26 : How do I say (어떻게 말해)

"Ready?" The doctor asked me.

"Yes." I nodded, grasping the gown tightly.

"Okay. Let's do this then" He informed.

I felt the bed move and in no time, I was being moved inside the big machine which I have always feared my whole life.

I closed my eyes because I knew that I'd freak out if I opened them and saw what was around me.

I started counting and exactly at 1 minute 17 seconds, I felt the bed move again and I slowly opened my eyes.

It's a good thing they got me out of there.

"Maeyoung-sshi, you may go out again." The doctor helped me get up.

"Ne, khamsahabnida sonsaengnim." I thanked him and quickly walked out.

"Maeyoung-ah, neo kwhenchana? Was it scary?" Eomma ran towards me.

"Ay, ani. It was not that scary."

"She's.. She's bluffing." Sowon oppa laughed, clutching on to his stomach.

"No I'm not. Why don't you go inside and try it then." I scoffed at him.

"Nah, I'm good." He regained his composure, pursing his mouth to stop himself from laughing.

"Tch." I glared at him.

"Maeyoung-ah, you're out already? How was the test?" Appa came walking towards us with some files on his hands.

"It was okay. But what are holding?"

"Oh, these are your papers."

"My papers?"

"Yes, you're going to have to stay here for the night. I just went and signed the papers for your room and other stuff." He replied, a soft smile on his face.

"What about school then?" I asked.

"Kwhenchanayo. You can rest for tomorrow. I'll give you the permission to stay." Eomma smiled at me.

Well, a day off from school doesn't sound bad.

"Let's head over to your room now shall we?" Appa said, motioning us to follow him.

We took the elevator and stopped at the 2nd floor.

Appa took out a card from the file and swiped it. The door opened up and voila. Is this a hospital or a 5 star hotel?

"Appa.. This looks more like a 5 star hotel to me." I commented, looking around.

"It's a VIP room." He chuckled.

"VIP? Heol. I definitely shouldn't be staying here. Isn't it supposed to be for the VIP's like the President or or.. Chaebols and such? I can stay in a normal cabin. It'll be more than enough." I argued.

"Maeyoung-ah, you're going to be staying here for longer than you think. And, we all want you to feel comfortable during your stay." Eomma said, patting my back.

"What do you mean? I thought I'd be staying here for only one night."

"Well, your doctor and I talked and after viewing your results, you're going to have to do a surgery."

Wait wtf?

"The injury has caused some damage to your liver and they're going to have to operate it as soon as possible. Your surgery is scheduled at 8:00 am tomorrow." Appa informed me.

"What?" Me and Sowon oppa shrieked in unison.

"Don't be scared. Nothing wrong will happen. This is one of the best hospitals in Seoul and we have the best doctors here to take care of you." Eomma stroked my back, trying to calm me down.