Chapter 5 : Teamwork..?

Waking up to my alarm at 5:00 am, I quickly got up. It's rare for me to wake up this early, but I have to, at least, today.

After washing up, I sat down on my study table and took out the chart ; the chart for our English project.

After a long struggle with painting the alphabets on the chart, I heaved a sigh and rested my back on the chair.

Checking the time again, it was 7:15 am, I started dressing up.

While tying my hair into a ponytail, I struggled. I wonder how people even lift dumbbells, like seriously. My hands get tired even from tying my hair.

After having my breakfast, my usual routine followed and I reached the bus stop.

Taeyoung and her sisters greeted me and the bus arrived shortly.

The ride to school was just the same. Ahri spacing out when we were talking to her, Soowon oppa and his friends bullying each other and laughing like idiots on stupid jokes, and the ever ending squealing of the junior kids.

Luckily I had brought my ID card with me and I looked neat enough to greet our Vice-principal who stood by the main entrance.

I slightly bowed, greeted her and quickly ran off as Ahri and Taeyoung followed.

Seeing him in the school hallways made me feel like the luckiest person alive.

"Goodmorning, Maeyoung-ah.." Chanyeol oppa said and ruffled my hair.

"Good Morning, oppa.. " I giggled nervously as my friends bursted out in squeals behind me.

"Uh.. Maeyoung-ah, erm.. actually, about that day." He started and rubbed his nape in nervousness.

Oh, Shit. He's bringing that up again, I should apologize.

"Oppa, I'm really sorry about that day. I swear, I'll make it up to you." I heaved a sigh and waited for his reply.

"I'll see you later.." he smiled and ruffled my hair as he walked off.

He left me confused.

"Maeyoung-ah.. you're so lucky." Taeyoung cooed and nudged me slightly as I smiled to myself and walked towards the door.

I touched my hair and looked down to hide my flushed face. "Ehh, I wonder what he meant.." I mumbled to myself while bumping into someone.

"Oww.. " I mumbled.

"Sorry." I quietly said as I saw him, and passed him.

"Idiot." I heard him say as I walked ahead.

Tch. Why's he so random? Just two days ago, he crashed my date and walked me home, and now..? Won't even talk to me.. I feel pathetic at times.. :3

3 periods later

"Okay, team A? You'll be teaching these students." Our English teacher said, pointing to the kids on her left.

Since we were done with our other academic projects and we had nothing else to do, our English teacher assigned us to teach the middle-school students.

I was the leader of my team. My team members were easy to approach and I knew they could get along well with kids.

"Yes, Team A's leader, please give me the list of the members." She asked as I handed her the paper.

"Leader - Jeong Maeyoung.
Members :-
Kim Mingyu
Hong Jisoo
Lee Seungcheol
Kim Taeyoung
Kim Sangjae.
Yes, please go ahead." She motioned us to take the kids into a classroom.