The Kiss in the Field

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria Stevens. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Kiss in the Field

Fred’s POV

            The sun woke me up from my favorite dream. I had still yet to kiss Aria and it was driving me crazy. I wanted her lips on mine. I wanted to taste her mouth. I groaned as I opened my eyes to see the sun right in my eyes. Why was it so close? A bird flew by and I realized I was out in the garden. Right. I had fallen asleep waiting for Aria to come home from her date with Malfoy. I groaned. I had told Aria that I liked Malfoy but I still hated him more than ever. Every time I saw him kiss her, I wanted to kill him. I shook the thought out of my head and started thinking about the last time I fell asleep in the garden.

            “Aria, can I tell you something?” I asked her quietly and looked at her half asleep face. I had finally got up the courage to tell her how I felt about her and she really had to know.

            She nodded her head. “Yeah.” She mumbled dreamily.

            I took a deep breath and said, “I love you. More than a friend. I truly love you, Aria.” I looked to see her expression but her face was emotionless and I could hear the soft breathing of her sleeping.

            That was the only time I had worked up enough courage to tell her how I feel. I knew if I told her again she wouldn’t believe it. She’d think it was a joke. But then when I woke up by her Monday morning, everything felt so right. I was almost going to tell her again but didn’t because of George coming outside. I sighed and sat up to see a purple dolphin Patronus swimming in the air. I grinned because I knew it was from Aria and once it’s eyes settled on me, it spoke in her beautiful voice, “Fred, I’m staying at Draco’s. I’ll see you in the morning.” It then disappeared.

            I stretched then wiped away the rest of sleep out of my eyes before getting up and going inside to take a shower. As I walked into the Burrow, I was greeted with the smell of cinnamon rolls that Mum was making. She was standing by the sink and grinned at me. “Morning, Fred. Sleep outside again with Aria?” She asked but I shook my head.

            “No. Just me. Aria left me out there to fend for myself.” I joked around. Mum didn’t know Aria was sleeping over at Draco’s and I wasn’t about to break that secret.

            “Ah well, go get ready. Breakfast will be done soon.”

            “Yes, Mum.” I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room.

            George was still asleep on his bed and I walked over to the wardrobe to grab a pair of jeans and a blue shirt. I then went into the bathroom in the hall and took a fast shower; just washing what needed to be wash and not dawdling like Aria does when she’s in the shower. What does she do? Does it really take her longer to wash that perfect body of hers? I shook my head from the thought and quickly got dressed.

            Out in the hall, I saw Aria coming out of her room wearing a pink tank top and jean shorts. She grinned at me and said, “Morning. Get my Patronus again?”

            I nodded. “Yes but after I had already fallen asleep in the garden.” I ruffled her hair and she laughed.

            “And that’s my fault?” She raised an eyebrow at me.

            I nodded again. “Yes.”

            She rolled her eyes. “No. I wasn’t even here.”