Weddings

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria Stevens. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Weddings

Fred’s POV

            The sun woke me up the next Saturday and I groaned. Aria and I had spent the previous night out in the garden at the Burrow with Harry, Ron, Hermione, George, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, Percy, Charlie, and Emma talking for hours. We didn’t get to bed until four in the morning. We were staying at the Burrow for the wedding and we’re sleeping in mine and George’s old room with George. I looked at the clock on the nightstand and it was seven. I had only gotten three hours of sleep. I groaned once again and looked down at Aria. She was asleep still with her head on my bare chest. A grin crossed my face and I rubbed her back. I loved waking up next to her. Just knowing I was hers made my life complete. She was all I needed to feel ok. I loved her more than my own life. After I found out about her remembering the short time I was dead, I wanted to take that away from her. I didn’t want her to remember. I didn’t want George to remember it either. The two of them would talk about it and tears would always fill Aria’s eyes. I hated that she thought about it.

            Aria stirred and I looked at her eyes as she opened them. She closed them again then looked up at me with tired eyes. “What time is it?” She asked.

            “Seven.” I answered and rubbed her back.

            She groaned and put her head back on my chest. “Why does it have to be so early?”

            I laughed. “We get up this early almost every day.”

            “But not when we go to sleep at four.” She whined and closed her eyes. “I just want a couple more hours of sleep.”

            “Then sleep, Love.” I kissed the top of her head.

            “Fred! George! Aria! Mum says to get up!” Ron yelled from the other side of the door.

            Aria groaned and looked up at me. “I hate Ron.”

            I grinned. “Come on before Mum comes up.”

            Aria stood up and headed for the door. “I’m gonna shower.”

            “Ok.” She walked out of the room and I looked at George. He was still asleep so I threw a pillow at him. “George! Get up.”

            He mumbled and I got up; pulling on my jeans over my boxers. I reached into the right pocket and pulled out the black ring box. I had gotten it the morning she remembered the battle and Ginny was the only one to know about it. I opened the box and looked at the ring. It had a silver band with a clear, Calla Lily cut diamond. I was walking down Diagon Alley and saw in the window of Twilfitt and Tatting’s. It looked exactly like the one in the dream and I thought it was fate. I bought it right on the spot and I’ve been hiding it from Aria. I knew it was too soon to propose but I had the ring for when it was the right time. Ginny was giddy when she saw it but promised she wouldn’t say a word to Aria; thank God. I closed the box and put it back into my pocket.

            “What time is it?” George grumbled.

            “Seven fifteen.” I answered and grabbed a shirt out of the trunk Aria had packed for the both of us.

            I pulled the shirt on then walked out into the hall. Noise filled the entire house and I smiled. I walked down stairs as Ginny ran up still in her pajamas. Ron and Hermione were sitting in the sitting room in their wedding outfits already. I went into the kitchen and Mum was running about making food and trying to finish the wedding cake. She took one look at me and said, “Frederick Weasley! You’re not wearing that to your brother’s wedding!”